Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, June 13, 2014

Grass cutting, pool cleaning, and "slime!" Thursday, June 12, 2014

Yay! I am thankful for my parents, and how much they love me! My dad brought over their riding lawnmower, the push mower, and Garett's fixed bike! Unfortunately, we broke two lawnmower belts on our lawn and ended up cutting most of the lawn with the push mower, but it's all done! I'm thinking maybe our yard has issues with getting the grass cut...we've cut the lawn only a handful of times thus far and have broken something every time!

My dad also fixed the air compressor, which had a hole in the tube. Hence, it wouldn't put air in anything! And dad helped get the pool filter off the pool and we changed the filter...no more green! I put some bleach in there and the water is blue again...yay!! And my dad fixed the seat in the back of our car that wouldn't stay in its proper position. Also, dad fixed Garett's bike tire, so I think everything is in working order for one more day. :)

Happy Father's Day
I had a very pleasant surprise in my mail box today. Someone sent me a very encouraging note and told me that they loved us and praying for us. As difficult as some of the days have been, I am 100% sure that we made the right decision. Roger is very busy with adjusting to the heat, finishing school orientation, and studying in preparation for class to start. This is very hard, this separation, but in the scope of long term; we are doing the right thing. Although extra prayers would be appreciated! :)

While my parents were here, I ran to the post office with Travis to mail a package to Roger. The boys were super excited to put the box of treats together for their daddy. I'm so thankful that they have such  a high regard for their daddy and I certainly will do all I can to support that.

Also, if you ever come across a book called "How to Make Slime", I firmly suggest you run the other way!! This was a children's book we got from the library, and because I'm crazy, we decided to make some. That was mistake number one. Secondly, the directions call to mix cornstarch, food coloring and water. Mistake number two is to let a child put in the food coloring! Third mistake...? Oh yeah, making one bowl for all four boys to "share", equals a disaster in the making! Picture green slime all over the front porch, with four little boys all trying to get their hands in the bowl! As if that wasn't enough chaos, I decided to make up a more slime so they could all experience it. However, when cornstarch absorbs the water and starts to dry up, the slime turns into this horrible green powdery dust that seeps into clothes, shoes, cupboards, and tables...yuck! Needless, to say we've had our science project for the month and that's enough of that! :)

We have almost made it through our second week, some days are good, some not so great, but we are getting through this one day at a time. I've had lots of hugs from the boys, they've had lots of fights with each other and my worst enemy is opening my mouth before I think about what I'm saying or how I'm saying it. We are adjusting, and we thank God for so many of you that have helped us! We are blessed!

In honor of Father's day coming on Sunday, I've posted Wyatt's school project. This is his view on dad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment