Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Just "keep swimming"!

If you have ever seen the movie, "Nemo", there's a line in there that the fish states, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming". It's been forever since I've seen the movie, however, that is the line I remembered today. :) If I can keep my nose above water, I won't drown. :)

After I wrote the blog post last night, I decided to check on the basement, which was a thought from The Lord. The sump pump wasn't working again, and the water was starting to creep across the basement floor rather rapidly! Grrr! It was 10:30 here, and 11:30 in Florida, but I called Roger anyways. :) I'm incredibly thankful for technology and Face Time! We had a very interesting conversation trying to fix the sump pump from 1800 miles away, but we did it! There were a lot of comments such as, "I need more light to see the sump pump, you'll have to get a flashlight"; or "not that right hand, the other one" and "you did unplug the sump pump before you started taking it apart, right?" WHAT? I didn't sign up for this...or maybe I did? I think it falls under the category "for better or worse". :) But, after an hour of fiddling with it, a lot of re-explaining things on Roger's part, it was all put back together, and it even works! Somehow, I had unhooked the float the other day when working in the basement, so the pump didn't recognize that it was full. I'm praising The Lord for His all sufficient grace!

We started off the day with a dentist appointment, and we also made a few meals for two families we love dearly, visited the walk in clinic, picked up a prescription, and ate ice cream...yes, it was that kind of day!

Chandler did fabulously at the dentist today, and the assistant stated how much she likes working with our children. What a compliment and an encouragement to my heart! My mom watched the other kiddos, so it was a mini date with just Chandler. Not necessarily a fun one for him, but he didn't complain. Following the dentist, we picked up some items from the grocery store that we needed for the meals I was making. While picking up the kids from my mom, she mentioned that Wyatt still didn't seem to be feeling well. Wyatt didn't want anything to eat, which is a sure sign that he probably isn't feeling well! :) He willingly laid down for a nap, and slept for two hours! Thankfully, the other boys rested too, so I made meals, baked cupcakes, and ate frosting! The frosting part was definitely not part of the diet plan! 

When Wyatt woke up, he stated that his throat hurt, and he had a cough like a seal! Since this is the second day he hasn't felt well, I decided to take him into the walk in clinic. So, I rounded up five children from the sand pit, the trees, the pool, and headed for the clinic. :) Over an hour later, we discovered that Wyatt does not have strep...praise The Lord! However, he does have some type of sinus infection, so he'll be taking an antibiotic. 

We went home, and I packed up the meals, and headed for church. Since I had already made the meals, I wanted to make sure they were delivered. And since we were in Oshkosh, I decided to get Wyatt's prescription filled. Although he seems to be feeling better, I decided that we would skip church tonight to let us all get some extra rest. But now Wyatt is in bed with me snoring loudly, so I might end up in his bed! He also sleep talks and has been talking about numbers and muttering about dogs, so sleep might be limited!

All in all, I'm thankful for Psalm 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

 My two funny moments from today:
1) While waiting for the doctor, the boys noticed that the exam table had the stirrups in the table. Upon pulling them out, Chandler promptly asked what these are for. Not wanting to even start that discussion, I replied, "what do you think they are for?" Chandler thought a moment and then replied, "maybe for  really tall people, like dad, so they don't fall off the table?" Well, not exactly, but it's a good enough description for now. :)

2) Wyatt needed his prescription filled, so we headed for the pharmacy. I told the boys where we were going, and Garett asks me a question. "Mom, how many farms does it take to make a farmacy?" It took me a second, but I realized that to his phonetic brain, it was a legitimate question. :) Hopefully, we straightened that out! :)

I so appreciate all your prayers. This journey is not a walk in the park for either of us, and Roger is getting down to the hard, boring stuff of instrument training. We would both appreciate your prayers!



1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing lady! I can't even leave the house without my husband and you are doing it with 5 kids in tow. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete