Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, June 27, 2014

Four weeks?!

Four weeks ago, my Roger left for flight training. In some ways, it seems like yesterday and in others it seems like a lifetime ago! (Depends on WHEN in the day I think about it!) God's grace is amazingly sufficient in time of need, and just when I think I'm out of grace, God graciously supplies more. Sometimes it's extra grace at bedtime or the fact that we spilled two cups of drink at one meal, or the fact that yet again someone needs correcting or perhaps a child needs me to tell them "I love you". I'm learning to ask God for grace right away in the morning, since I need it right off the bat! I'm thankful that God doesn't put a quota on how much grace a person can use in a day, because I'm pretty sure I'm using up more than my fair share most days! :)

Yesterday I took the kids to the strawberry patch. It's a yearly tradition at our house, and one the kids look forward to doing. This was Emma's first time, and she loved it. I put her on my back and the boys fed her strawberries! We were both red and sticky by the time we were done picking. :) I told the boys to eat lots of strawberries while we were in the field; however, by the time we got home, the only thing Garett had left in his container were the stems! But I guess there are worse things that he could eat! 

Wyatt was feeling better yesterday, and seems to be continuing to improve. When my dad called yesterday afternoon to see about taking the boys camping, Wyatt wasn't going to miss out! My dad picked up the boys around two, and he had some very excited campers along! Part of me wanted to go along, but part of me just wanted to soak up the quietness and the ability to do whatever I desired. :) Since Emma was sleeping, I worked on a Vacation Bible school flyer for my dad's church. Things like that always take longer than I plan on them taking, but I did succeed in finishing it up. Only to realize that I couldn't print it because I was out of ink...of course! So, after Emma woke up, we ate supper and headed to get ink. And since I just had Emma, I was able to spend some time at the store actually looking at other things. I had no one asking me when we where leaving, if we were almost done, that they needed to go potty, no one asking to look at toys, no one was complaining that they were hungry, or that their brother was lookIng at them funny; actually, it was very enjoyable! :) 

I stopped to drop off some fresh strawberries at a friends house, and conveniently, it was almost supper time...yay! :) Jenna and Ryann recently moved to a new home, so it was fun to see their new house, visit with them, and of course, eat their dinner! :) It was a super relaxed evening, and I stayed out too late enjoying their company, but it was very refreshing. 

You know you're a mom with lots of kids, when you get up early on a morning that they aren't even there! :) I certainly didn't want to waste my time sleeping, when I had things that I could do quickly and more efficiently without their "help". I finished up laundry, read my Bible anddrank a whole cup of coffee without any one asking, "can I have a sip?". The basement is now almost dry again, although it still is rather smelly.  But I was able to finish the work down there today and a few other projects that need attending. Apparenty, I can't seem to remember to change the pool filter! It's green again! :( So, I'm back to throwing in bleach and trying to get it clean again! Emma and I also helped a friend decorate for a banquet today, and we had a great visit with my mom while waiting for the boys to return. 

The boys came home about 5 and they were grouchy! Lots of sun, fishing, swimming, biking, fresh air, and dirt = very tired children! Thankfully, I showered them, fed them, and listened to all the camping stories while at my parents house. My dad was telling me that the boys met some other boys while camping. Apparently, these boys were rather naughty and didn't listen anyone. However, my dad tried to encourage our boys to talk to the other boys about salvation and share their testimony. So, Garett and Chandler tried to explain to these kids that they had asked Jesus into their hearts and they were going to Heaven. Then one of the other boys stated that he didn't need salvation and that he wasn't going to heaven. Well, Chandler promptly told him "well then, you're going to Hell! And you'll rot forever there!" Now, Chandler has a valid point, but I think we need to work on witnessing tactics! 

I'm very thankful for my dad's willingness to take four boys camping. It's a treat for them and for me! :) I brought the boys home, put Emma right in her bed, and had Bible time with the boys. It's kinda humid tonight, so the boys are sleeping on the living room floor. I settled them all in and then turned on a movie about machines. The I creatively squeezed in two miles by running short distances often! :) God just gave me an overwhelming sense of peace while I was running tonight. I could feel His presence, felt peace at the choices Roger and I had made to stay apart, and felt refreshed by Gods goodness to me. One of the songs that played through while I was running tonight was "I Found Grace". It was a very fitting song that God gave just when I needed it most. It's with a thankful heart that I lay my head down tonight knowing my Saviour loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment