Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, June 13, 2014

Sundays, June 8th

Sundays are probably the most challenging day of the week to be honest. I can count on one hand the times that Roger and I have gone to church without each other. So sitting in church surrounded by little people, is a reminder in a big way of what I'm missing...my better half. :) I also tend to be more emotional on Sunday, as the Word of God speaks to me, the music touches my heart, and God draws me closer to himself.

It also seems to be a harder day for the kids too. Travis told me he was staying in the car during church, and Wyatt asked why we go to church "all the time". Honestly, going to church for every service is nothing new, so I can only assume that this day is perhaps a little harder on them too. However, yes, we did go to church, came home for rest time (which we all took a nap), and then went to a friends birthday party for a little bit. 

Sunday night church poses it's own problems because the only one in the nursery is Emma. But, the boys did do fairly well. My friend, Star,  greatly encouraged my heart with a gift bag full of treats for me along with an encouraging note. I did have one very emotional moment, but thankfully, the kids were not around when the tears were free falling. :) 

Now I'm off to get some much needed rest. I've really been working on getting up at 5:15 to be able to get in a few miles before the kids wake up. The only problem is that it does make me really tired later in the day. :)
My treats from a friend today!

Our bed...with two extra little boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment