Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Crazy day...including cooking,cleaning, and canoeing! :) Saturday, June 21, 2014

I still don't have the basement finished, but the majority of the water is cleaned up, the dehumidifier is running, and the fans are drying up the floors. The back porch is full of stuff needing to be washed, but since it rained today, it's still waiting to be washed! 

The kids slept in a bit this morning, for which I am very thankful! All of them have been a little crabby lately, so extra sleep is definitely needed! I spent the morning making dessert, ham and pickle appetizers, cutting up fruit, and gathering the stuff together for our college canoe trip this afternoon. My parents graciously hosted this event at their house since they have the canoes and the river is closer to their house. But I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making a lot of work for them so I worked at making sure all the food was prepared, and I was doing my part. We didn't have as many college kids as last year, but those that came seemed to have a great time. Our boys were able to go since we had plenty of canoes, so they were excited about that opportunity! Wyatt and Travis wanted to go in moms canoe, so I had the little boys. It only took about five minutes of canoeing for me to realize that this was going to be a good workout! :) Wyatt was trying to be helpful, and I was trying to not be critical of his "helpfulness"! It was about a two hour ride, but we made it. I didn't tip over the canoe, I didn't lose anyone's stuff, there were no major injuries...just a lot of mesquito bites! I didn't realize until today that when I go canoeing with Roger, that's a walk in the park! He does all the really hard work, and I just kinda paddle when I really need to or I feel like being helpful! Today it was an entirely different story, and I might even be sore a little tomorrow! :) I'm glad we did it and I'm thankful for those that came along with us. 

Roger could use your prayers as well. Instrument training can get intense, and I know he really wants to do a good job. Please keep him in your prayers, and that he will firmly grasp the material he needs to learn! 


No comments:

Post a Comment