Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, June 13, 2014

Life and chaos! Tuesday, June 10

One of those days that I really would have liked to stay in bed a while longer, but I don't like getting up after my kids! We had a productive day...for the most part. :) We spent the morning cleaning up a bit, laundry, and putting away our stuff. Then I took the kids to our friend, Hannah's house for a bit. Since her husband is gone for work training for a bit, it was a bunch of kids and the two tired mamas! :) However, fresh air and playing outside does wear kids out, so after lunch we headed home for rest time. We did have to stop and pick up a sippy cup for Emma...some how, she manged to lose hers!? It's always interesting taking five kids into the store for one item...kinda feels like a circus. But most of the time, I'm hesitant to leave them in the car, not because I don't trust them, but because I don't trust other people!

Finally home again...and nap time was on the horizon! Everyone laid down without much complaint, so I know they were tired. I laid down for twenty minutes, but I knew that if I fell asleep I would probably be grouchy. :) Since Garett wasn't sleeping either, I decided to go for a run for a few miles. I told him I would run short distances up and down the road, so if he needed me, he could just stop me when I came by. It wasn't the most efficient run every, but I did manage to squeeze in two miles.  

Our pool is not getting cleaner like it should...probably operator error! :) I threw some bleach in there and Roger told me how to change the filter, but first I have to figure out how to get off the crazy lid!! So, for today, I just gave the kids my vegetable strainers and told them to fish out the leaves and grass; and now it at least looks a little cleaner. :) I did just realize that my vegetable strainers are out in the yard, and I will need them again! 

My parents invited us to their house for supper, and the kids always like to go to Nana and Papas house. :) The older two are learning how to drive the four wheeler, so they are thrilled with that. And Papa is a better baseball player than mom, so the boys always ask him to play with them...I don't mind. :) Then it was home again for library reading and Bible time...now on to quietness! 

Our funny moment: it's never a good thing to be in the shower, and hear a child pound on the door and yell, "Mom, Emma made a mess!" Great...quickly scramble out, dress, and come to find a little girl with chocolate ice cream all over her. Travis told me she liked the ice cream and he was done, so he just gave her the bowl...wow...what a mess! I'm thankful for baths and good laundry detergent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment