Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, June 23, 2014

Loooooong Day! June 23, 2014

Long day would be an understatement! Apparently, my children are suffering from Vacation Bible School detox, and their main goal today was to see how much they could aggregate each other! (It was working very effectively!)

I am still doing laundry from the basement flooding, and three of the five kids wet the bed last night, and then two wet the bed at nap time today...and it's been probably about two months since a bed wetting incident!! So, the laundry pile seems to be growing, not shrinking! 

I had the boys help with the chores around the house today; and while the jobs aren't as well done as if I did they myself, it's cleaner than it was...I think? :) Travis likes to wash windows, but my spray bottle is well on its way to being empty. Wyatt cleaned the shower, except he stepped in it with his dirty feet and now the walls are cleaner with dirty footsteps on the floor of the shower! At least the washing machine seems to have gotten over it's spewing out soap fit! I'm assuming that maybe the spewing soap came from a little over zealous operator (I.e. Garett) :) 

I worked on updating our blog today, published my a past and then deleted some drafts. Unfortunately, I also deleted the post I had just published along with about four days of journal recordings! :( I was beyond frustrated to say the least! It appears that it is forever lost in cyperspace...grrr. 

My steady walking/workout partner also quit on me today. The fitbit that I've had since Christmas suddenly quit working yesterday. I've gotten really used to wearing one and it really has helped me reach my step goals. However, after several emails to the fitbit company, I'm happy today that I am a satisfied customer. They really tried to be helpful and are even going to replace my fitbit! Yay! It seems silly, but that act of customer service really encourage my day. I'll be even more of a satisfied customer when I get the new one in the mail. :) 

We also cut grass today, my dad came and put a fan together for the boys room. I bought a fan since it's getting hot; however, I couldn't figure out how to put it together! I'm thankful my dad did it for me! I also asked him to check the oil in the car, and I'm glad he did! It needed about 2 1/2 quarts of oil, and it's a five quart tank! Anyways, praise The Lord, I didn't run it dry!

After supper, we went on a walk, which is always interesting! Then we headed off to Walmart for the a important task of getting milk and a few groceries. We also had to get Emma another sippy cup! Thank goodness she sucks her thumb and can't lose that! I rewarded my cleaning helpers today with ice cream from McDonalds and then we came home for reading, baths, and that blessed event....bedtime! 

Update on Roger:
He is doing well, but it's hard on both of us to be away. School is very demanding and time challenging, so even though it was a long day, I feel confident that we are where we are supposed to be. However, some extra prayers could be helpful! :)

FUN with the Boys: Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Sometimes after a rough day, the best thing to do is something completely out of the ordinary and unexpected! So, that's what we did today! :) The boys all slept in for a little bit and I was able to catch up on my Bible reading...finally! 

We did the ordinary chores, and started laundry, of course! Then I packed up a snack, loaded up the kids, grabbed my workout clothes and walked out the door. First we went to the YMCA. The boys played in the drop In child care while I got my sanity back. :) ( or at least some of it!) After working out, we ate our snack and headed to the library. The boys have finished two weeks of reading, so they earned a coupon for a free kids meal at Hardee's. They showed their colors in indicating that they would like "instant gratification" so off we went to use the coupons! At least they didn't go to waste, I guess! That was a fun little treat for them, and they really enjoyed having their own kids meal and not having to share with another sibling! :)

I had originally planned on heading home after lunch, but the boys asked if we could go to the EAA museum. Since we have free membership for another month, and the day was already over 1/2 done, I agreed. The boys were delighted...and surprised that mom agreed! :) I really did have a great time with them and enjoyed their company today. When we rode the tractor tram out to the Pioneer Airport, the tractor stopped rather abruptly for a stop sign. Garett fell of the seat, and then calmly, replied, "I didn't see that coming!" I laughed and laughed...it's a fun memory. 

Following the museum adventure, we ran to Target to pick up some coffee for our Keurig...mom needs coffee these days! :) We also found ice cream on clearance for .86 for a half gallon, and the boys thought that was great! 

To finish off a crazy day of adventures, we went swimming. The boys are really becoming very proficient and I plan to have them take swim lessons again in the future. They are really growing up from how challenging it was to take them all two years ago. Wow, time sure does fly by quickly!

The boys ate supper, practically falling asleep at the table, and now they are all tucked snugly into bed. As wonderful as the day was for them, it wore mom out too, so I'm off to bed early too, I hope. However, there is always more laundry, more cleaning, or something that needs doing, so we will see. 


1 comment: