Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, June 13, 2014

Trial and error?

I'll just admit it...there are soooo many things I can't do! The lawnmower is being repaired, but the pool filter still needs to be changed, I forgot to take the trash...again, the back seat is stuck in the half way down position, the air compressor won't hold air, and I forgot to close the garage door last night. So, I  came out to find the garage door up and the car door open...wow! Single parenting is not for the faint hearted!! :)

Two of the munchkins!
Today was a good day...I got to go grocery shopping all by myself! My dear friend, Jenna, watched all five of our kids so I could go grocery shopping by myself. Then I squeezed in a two and one half mile run, thanks to Jenna's willingness to watch the kids. It was so nice to get out and run to the grocery store by myself. :) 

We had Wednesday night church tonight, and because next week is Bible school, we spent the hour passing out flyers and inviting kids to come. The boys are so excited about Bible school, and this is the first year since we've been at our church that I am not helping. I'm partially very sad about that, but part of me is relieved...it's 2 1/2 hours to myself. :) 

We talked with Roger tonight again via Skype and the kids are quickly figuring out how to call dad themselves. :) although it's not the same as seeing him here, I am very thankful that the kids can see him. Emma is not longer scared of Skype but she has disconnected the call on us! Emma also pulled herself to standing today, and is really starting to scoot around. Therefore, the brothers are realizing that nothing is safe! :) 

Travis has not been sleeping well since Roger left, so my light sleeping is even lighter. I haven't managed to get myself out of bed this week to get in those early runs. :( Travis was up four times last night...he needed a drink, needed to go potty, wanted to sleep in my bed, and at 3:30 am he asked to play on the Kindle!!! Good night, child!!! So, we were both short on sleep last night. But the only way to get more sleep is to try going to bed earlier, so good night all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment