Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sun, sweat, and softball!

Today we had a "homebuilders" class picnic. (Homebuilders is what our church calls the young marrieds/young families class...although the people in the class are getting older and older!) Anyway, back to what I was saying. :) The weather was very warm, very humid, but I'm praising The Lord that He sent a breeze along with the sunshine!

We had a great time at the picnic. There was something for everyone to do, so I didn't feel like I had to help my children find things to play. There was a trampoline, a playground set, and a baseball field. Garett, Chandler, and I played softball for a bit, and the boys did pretty good about hitting the ball and getting on base. Someone told Garett that his mom was pretty good at softball, and he replied, "I taught her how!" Well, maybe mom already knew some about softball! :) Emma was getting fussy, so I strapped her in the baby carrier and continued to play softball. She didn't seem to object, but I did have to take her off to hit the ball, as I wasn't confident I could swing, keep my balance, and not hit her in the head! It was a wonderful, full day. The boys came home and jumped in the pool for a bit, while I made desserts for tomorrow's church dinner after church. 

My dad came off and dropped off the lawnmower, and picked up the trash. I am terrible about remembering to take the trash to the dump! We had a good visit, and I'm thankful that my parents are also my friends. 

My prayer request for tonight is for Roger. I could tell when I talked with him tonight, that he is a little overwhelmed, tired, and lonely. I'd appreciate some prayers on his behalf. Pray that he'll be a blessing at church tomorrow, and get a blessing. Please pray that he'll fully grasp and understand this instrument training stuff...goodness knows, I can't help! Thank you for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment