Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Joy

Choosing joy can be difficult at times. Like when the toilet is plugged, children are whiny, I'm grouchy, the air conditioner breaks on the car, the lawnmower refuses to do its job, and everything seems "off". 

It's at these moments that I have a choice...joy or jumbled (my word for 'stirring up the pot and making everything worse') :) Our pastor preached a sermon on Sunday night about "when Jesus is asleep". To keep it short, the basic gist is that even when Jesus was asleep in the boat, He still knew what was happening. Because he's God, He could have rescued the disciples from the storm earlier, He could have never allowed the storm to happen; however, He is God! There are times when nothing seems right, everything is jumbled, and yet, God isn't caught be surprise. I need to trust Him to come to my rescue right on time, which He will do in His perfect time. If we didn't have the valley experiences, the we wouldn't treasure the mountaintop moments nearly enough. So, for this moment...I'll choose joy. I'll also choose joy because all my children are sleeping, and the house is quiet! :) 

We had a rough night last night. Chandler started crying while talking to Roger on face time. I know Chandler hasn't been feeling that great, and his emotions were strong. It was a difficult moment for all of us, but thankfully we have a fresh start today. My sister, Jen, came over to watch the kids this afternoon so my mom and I could go to a hair appointment. I will say that getting my hair done, and not feeling so "mommy blah", does help my dispostion. :) And Roger likes the hair cut, so that's always good too. :)

And now, off to bed. Roger will be flying again tomorrow night, and we would appreciate your prayers for good weather and a good flying lesson.

July 12, 2014
It's been a busy week with plans to leave for North Carolina after church tomorrow, a wedding that Emma and I attended, a swim date with some friends, and everything else that is required to move a household forward. Today was a day filled with preparations! I know that the kids are super excited to be going to visit in North Carolina, but I want to do a good job with managing our time and not getting too busy or too bored. 

I have some very sad children tonight, as the pool now has a hole in it. One of the kids was trying to build a fort near the pool, and accidentally poked the pool with a metal rod. :( I think it can be fixed, but since I'm not for sure, I didn't say anything to the kids. I figure I'll let them be very sad for the choices they. made in not taking care of their stuff before I try to fix it. Sometimes responsibility has to be learned the hard way...at least with our boys!!

The frogs, toads, crickets, and other bugs around here are probably rejoicing that the boys are leaving! :) I told the boys today to release all the toads, frogs, and bugs that have been caught in recent days and let them go. :) My cooler is cleaned and sanitized again with no toads or grasshoppers. :)

I've tried to plan ahead for the trip and I think I've packed more food than clothes! I'm very excited about getting to see Roger, but know the kids will be disappointed. Garett thought that Roger was meeting us in North Carolina, so he was bitterly disappointed today and my heart was breaking. There is a slim to slight to none possibility that Roger MIGHT be able to come home for a weekend at the end of July. There will be a break in classes and maybe we can work it out...will you pray with us?!

My huge prayer request that God answered this week was in getting our transponders for the Illinois toll roads. This will save us lots of time and money; however, the email stated that it would take two weeks. I figured it was still a good investment as much as we travel, but God answered my prayers and we got them in the mail today! Yay! God is so good to us!

Please pray for safe travels, children to ride well, a great visit, and a time to relax...maybe? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment