Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swimming, Sun, Bikes, and Blueberries


Since we've arrived on Monday evening, the kids have spent over twelve hours in the pool! They are becoming like brown skinned children, and they are loving every minute! Papa brought their bikes along so they have been getting up in the morning and riding their bikes. Also, right out the front door of the apartment we've been staying at there are several big blueberry bushes. The berries are just coming on to be ripe, and as fast as they ripen the kids scarf them up. They have also been eating fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, corn, and squash fresh from the gardens. :) (The boys have been inhaling the food since we've arrived...probably from all the excercise they've been doing!!)

Emma has been eating lots of food too...the boys keep bringing her blueberries. They dump the blueberries on the floor in front of her and then leave her there to eat the blueberries. :) She sits contentedly eating the berries and then she pulls herself up by the window and hollers for more berries!    It is so fun to watch! :) 

Roger has another test tomorrow; and although it is just another staging test, he does need to pass! Please pray that he can pass especially so that he won't have to study a whole lite while Emma and I are there. :) I do plan to tell the boys tomorrow that I'm going to visit Daddy, so please pray that it won't break their hearts to hear that they are not going. :( I know it will be tough on them, but Roger and I need this time together. 

On a note of praise, Roger was able to get a ticket to come home for four days at the end of July. I am super excited that the kids will get to see their daddy, and I can't wait for them to find out. I would love to surprise them on the day that he flies in, but we will see how tomorrow goes as I might end up telling them tomorrow. 

My sisters and mom will be watching the boys while Emma and I are visiting Roger. I'm specifically praying that the boys will have a great time, that they'll get enough rest, be obedient, and enjoy doing a few new activities. 

As for me, I'm looking forward to leaving the kids for a few days (at least most of them :). It will be good to visit in person with my husband, enjoy adult company, and have a few days with just us...and Emma. 

July 17, 2014
The boys spent the majority of the day in the pool..again. However, they are looking a little peaked from all the sun, so I think they will have to find something else to do tomorrow! :) 

Aunt Jen has some fun activities planned for them like a children's museum, indoor playground, and bowling. I'm sure that they will be fine. It was very difficult for two of the boys, Chandler and Wyatt to hear the news about me leaving. Garett rolls with life pretty well, and as long as he gets to eat and swim, he's usually content. Travis seems a little oblivious, so I'm hoping he will have a great time while I'm gone. Chandler and Wyatt were heart broken, and I was in tears as well. I didn't tell the kids about Rogers upcoming visit, as I would love to surprise them. 

July 18, 2014
Emma and I left early this morning for our Florida visit. Emma screamed during the takeoff, but then took a forty minute nap. She was much happier when she woke up, and she was fine during the landing. She willing went to Roger, but she never took her eyes off of him for about twenty minutes...she just watched. :)

Roger and I are enjoying sunshine, long conversations, and beach water. It's almost like being on a honeymoon...except we have a little girl along! :) Because Emma is along, it limits what we can do...no airboat ride, kayaking, or riding on jet skis; but that's okay. We are still having a great time, and we spend less money since Emma is with us. :)

Roger was able to get a really good deal on a hotel on the beach, since it's actually the off season here. It's close to the beach, and we've done lots of walking along the beach. Emma loves the water, but she always want to eat the sand! 

Also, Roger passed the placement test he took on Thursday, which was awesome because it meant that he had a study free weekend...just for us! God is good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment