Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Life on Tuesday

Well, we made it past Monday! :) I am not usually a fan of Mondays as it seems like the house has managed to have a tornado over the weekend! 

However, this week my parents church is running Vacation Bible School from Monday to Thursday! I love Vacation Bible school! :) I love the fact that my kids are learning about Jesus, and God's Word...and having a great time while doing it! But mostly, I love Vacation Bible School because it's time    alone...that's not a very spiritual reason, but it's reality!! (Well, mostly alone, since I do still have to take Emma!) I have had two incredibly enjoyable evenings this week, and I feel like I have used my time wisely. On Monday, Emma and I drove into Oshkosh to have dinner with our friends, the Shuberts. Jenna and I had a great visit, although it was too short! I left her with all the supper dishes to wash, but we did fit in a two mile walk with our babies. :) Jenna has become such a dear friend to me, one that I pray for often, think of regularly, and I always look forward to spending time with her! 

My parents also let two of the boys stay overnight, so it was just Wyatt, Travis and Emma last night. The kids slept in a little this morning, so that was nice too. I finally got caught back up on my Bible reading, and  I even drank a whole cup of coffee! :) 

My sister came over later in the morning, and we headed up to Appleton. Since Hannah will be coming to Wisconsin for a few days, we are planning a wedding shore for Friday night. It was an adventure, and a long day for the kids, but I think we have everything we need for the shower. :) 

Tonight was Vacation Bible School again, and when Chandler asked if he could go again, I sweetly said, "yes". What I meant was, "of course you're going, sweet child, and all your brothers with you!!" :)
Tonight was a special night as I got to spend some quality time with another friend of mine. My pastors wife is also a dear friend, and we enjoyed a night of a great walk, awesome company, and a well behaved baby. :) It doesn't happen nearly enough, spending time with this dear sweet friend, but it makes me treasure the times we do get to spend time together.

In Rogers news, he would appreciate prayers. He has a two hour oral test tomorrow, as well as a flying test in the afternoon. Please pray for clarity of thought, peace of mind, and that he will do well as pass this segment of the class. We are moving forward...even if sometimes it's only an inch at a time!

In funny children news: my sister, Hannah, gave the kids a wii. I wasn't sure if this was something I really wanted for the kids, but we decided to try it out. Well, the wii came with the wii sport game, and an exercising workout game. What's awesome is that my children haven't discovered yet that the wii could play other games! :) I love the fact that the only things that they can do with the wii is burn energy and tire themselves out...I hope to keep them from figuring out otherwise for a long time!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment