Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Hot Maine Days!





Hot, hot and hotter! We have been very thankful for the air conditioner that the boys hauled up from the basement the other day as this week has been very hot. 

Yesterday Roger was able to be home by around eleven am., so that was a special surprise for all of us. We had been invited to come up to the lake by Allison for a bit, so it was fun for all of us to be able to spend some time at the lake. Even I got in the lake yesterday, so it was warm! 


I don’t know about you, but sometimes heat can make people grouchy! It was good to go to the lake and cool off, and the boys have been sleeping in the living room where it’s cooler. I haven’t been sleeping well at all lately, so I’ve been spending some extra time praying for many things. However, lack of sleep also makes a mama grouchy. 

Today Renee and I started to re-organize and set up our preschool room. It’s exciting to see freshly waxed floors, and to get into setting it all up for a new year. It’s also very overwhelming to see how much we need to do before our preschool open houses! But one thing at a time! We also had a good by party for our school administrator as she is retiring. I had made some desserts for that, and as usual there was plenty of food! I’d also appreciate your prayers for a new administrator for our school. It’s an important role, and one that I’m sure God is preparing someone special to fill that spot. 

This afternoon the kids and I spent some time at a different lake with a different friend. My sister, Jen, gave the kids an inflatable paddleboard a few weeks ago, and it has been so fun to take it to different lakes. I really enjoy it...when I can get it away from our children! It was a fun, relaxing afternoon with friends, water, and pizza. A fun time for all! 

I feel like I’ve been asking God for some pretty impossible things lately, but God constantly gives me reminders that He is bigger and greater than I can fathom. I’m restless and anxious for a few things in our current situation, and I constantly wrestle with giving things to God and then instantly taking back my fears. The boys have dentist appointments tomorrow at 7:30am., but I’m planning to taking the kids down to a cabin on the lake for a few days. Roger has been working a lot, and I’ve lost some joy in being a mom to some pretty great kids. I’m going to take them to the cabin for a few days and just soak up sunshine, lake time and together time. The cabin is relaxing, and while it will be totally different without Terri there with us, I know that my kids are excited to spend some time there. I am to actually, as it’s a place to get away from it all and  take my Bible and a cup of coffee down to the deck. We serve a big God and sometimes I just need to contemplate on that. 





No comments:

Post a Comment