Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Warm Days of Summer!




                                                  So thankful for Hannah’s friendship to me. 




Hard days for this son of ours. 



Does anybody’s life feel “normal” these days?! There is a push from society, propaganda, social media, newspapers, politicians, etc. to shove the American people towards accepting the “new normal”. I’m frustrated, irritated, and annoyed that we are constantly bombarded with division, differences of opinions, and false assumptions about people. Hmm...there’s my rant for today! 

We ended up working and puttering around the house yesterday. Roger was working, and the kids and I picked up the yard, mowed grass, and Chandler and I went grocery shopping (a much-needed activity!). Emma wanted to come to Wal-mart too, so she came with us while the other boys stayed at home. The day was warm, but we did take an adventure to meet some friends at a local park. The kids were happy to play with their friends at the park and Ashley and I were happy to have the opportunity to walk around and visit while the kids played. John and Ashley bought pizza for lunch in the park, and the eight kids between us were happy to munch on pizza in the shade...seven boys and one girl. Garett and I had a long discussion on Friday morning, one where I cried, and he seemed unemotional. I know his emotions are in there somewhere, but it’s a bit like talking to a prickly cactus right now!




Today dawned a warm day in mid-coast Maine. Garett and I took several trips to the dump as we haven’t been in a few weeks. I am thankful that the dump runs do provide opportunities for one-on-one conversation with Garett. He was not overly chatty, but it was better than yesterday. After the dump run, we went out to the airport to do an errand for Roger. Then a quick stop at the bank, and back home to pack for some time at the lake! 

Chandler, Garett and Wyatt all brought along all their fishing stuff; we packed up lots of snacks, and we were off for the lake. We had been invited by our pastor to come down to their cottage by the lake for part of the day. The kids had a great time jumping in and out of the lake, fishing, and playing together. Emma was delighted that there were some other girls there to play with, and the boys always have a good time with Austin. All the boys caught at least one fish, but we dont have any pictures because they were off in the canoes. And I was on shore with the camera! Oh well! Fun memories were created!

I enjoyed the afternoon visiting with the ladies there, and it was an afternoon well spent. Somehow time seems to slow down when we take a step back, sit in a lawn chair, and watch carefree children frolic in the water- I do not want that to change! 

Roger was working today, but he was happy to be flying today. We don’t know how long this season will be, but we know that God will sustain and continue to provide for us. Roger is one of the most faithful and steadfast people that I know. I get annoyed sometimes because he doesn’t think fast or always give answers as fast as I’d like, but it also makes him a good friend, co-worker, and ...he has to apologize a lot less! 

Tell me.....what are everyone plans for school in the fall? Are your schools re-opening? What are the requirements? Anyone homeschooling for the first time? These are challenging times for sure! We are so thankful that we serve a strong, mighty and fearless God! When I feel overwhelmed, discouraged, or lonely, I am so often reminded that so many of the characters in the Bible also felt the same way. They also had to make a conscious choice to throw their fears at the feet of Jesus. Tears, fears -I’m thankful that Jesus takes them both! 




No comments:

Post a Comment