Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

1/2 though the week!

Only two more days of school and another week will be complete! Yay! Home schooling is challenging for me, and I'm super thankful that my mom can motivate and encourage me as well as my children! :) 

It was a full day, with schooling, naps and quiet time, our errands in Oshkosh, church tonight, and home again. This afternoon, our friend, Erica watched the boys and Emma for a little bit at church. I had some music I needed to look for and this provided me with an opportunity to spend some time looking. After looking through music, I took a quick run to finish a few errands with Emma while the boys stayed at church with Erica. 

I had been telling the boys that we would try to go rock climbing at the YMCA sometime soon, and this afternoon we finally had time to do it. Personally, I would have rather of just worked out on my own, but this was an experience that we could do together. Travis and I ended up just watching the older boys climb because Travis doesn't weigh enough, and I wasn't about to go climbing in a skirt! :) Chandler is actually really good at climbing, he's wiry and strong, and he was able to get down one of the prizes they had hanging on the wall. Garett is strong enough, but has a harder time figuring out where to put his feet while clinging with his arms. Wyatt had a great time, and he completely wore himself out! It's hard work to climb...which is great because then the kids sleep better. :) 

Ever go to church because it's the right thing to do, and not because you really feel like it? Honestly, I didn't really want to go to church, but it's one place that I can get adult conversation...and these days, I'd  go if that was the only reason. :)  However, while I do enjoy fellowship, I go to church to get a blessing and to be a blessing. Tonight I got a blessing. Our pastor has been teaching through the story of Gideon, and it was a delight to be in God's house tonight. I sure hope that you made an effort to be there too! :) Gideon was pasionate, on fire, and consumed with pursuing and destroying the Midianite army, but am I just as passionate and on fire about the things that God loves? Am I seeking to raise my children to be "Gideon's"  in this world? Boys that will become men who love God, hate sin, and are sold out to whatever God has for them...it's my hearts desire...but am I working daily to reach that goal? (I have a lot to work on!)

Random rabbit trail:

As many of you know, I've been working on losing weight since I've had Emma. It was a rough journey! At six months post partum, I was still at the same weight I was the day after I came home from the hospital! I was excercising, logging my calories, active with my children, and still couldn't shake the weight. However, in January, I heard about a plan called Trim Healthy Mama. My pastors wife had read the book, and encouraged me to read it. I couldn't put it down! I've always been facinated by nutrition, our bodies, being fit and active, and this plan made sense. I wasn't sure anything would work, but I decided to try. In a nutshell, I started separating my fats and carbs, and cut out sugar. Guess what? it started working. :) Emma turned a year this month, and I am actually three pounds lighter than when I became pregnant with her. I'm about five pounds away from my wedding weight of 120, and I'm looking foward to getting there. Roger and I will celebrate our nineth anniversary in September, and I'd love to be close to my wedding weight. :) 


Second Random Rabbit Trail: 

I always have more I could write about, although my mommy brain usually starts to shut down at this time of night. :) However, I do have a running list of topics that I've started writing about, but it haven't published yet. The following list is some of my topics. :)
1) Raising Ideal children in an Un-ideal World
2) My thoughts on People who are ALWAYS late for church ...touchy, I know. :)
3) Why I believe, or don't believe, in the church nursery.
4) Five Good Reasons to Vaccinate my children


And I have several more :) See, I can think deeper than just what happened in a days events, but I haven't figured out how to put more hours in my day. :)

On that note, Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment