Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Life...along with a call to the Poison Control center!

MONDAY...August 11, 2014,

Yep...there are just not enough hours in the day. It's 10:45 pm and I'm still up folding clothes, getting ready for tomorrow, and thinking about how much easier life is with Roger around. :)

On Tuesday, I got the kids up early to eat breakfast and finish their chores. I needed to be leaving the house by 7:30, so that I could stop by the house I was working on cleaning today. Usually, I'm waiting on laundry to finish washing or drying, so I wanted to get a load in before school. I had the boys help and we got a decent start on cleaning before heading to school. We started on school, and I'm so thankful that my mom helps out! :) I had a WiC appointment at ten, so Travis, Emma, and I went to that while my mom kept going with the three that are in school. Of course, Wyatt wanted to know why he couldn't come, because he thinks school is boring! :) The WIC appointment told me what I already knew...Travis is tall and skinny, and Emma fits right into her percentile group. She's smaller than the boys at a year...at 17lbs. 13 oz. and she's shorter at 28.75 inches. I'm fine with a petite little girl. :) 

When we got back the the school, my dad was there asking if the boys could go on a field trip. 
Already?!  Farm tech days is held this week up in Plover, WI. It's basically a farm expo...and lots of fun. I remember going several times growing up and coming home with a whole bag of free "junk". I figured the boys would do the same, and they would love it. So, my mom took Emma, the boys went with Papa, and I headed back to finish house cleaning. I would have had a great time at Farm Tech days as well, but I also have to use the opportunities I have without the boys! :) 

I finished cleaning, and I still was waiting on laundry, so I squeezed in a short run while waiting for the laundry to finish. Then I ran home to shower, and then pick up Emma. I decided to take my mom out to dinner for her birthday, since it was just us and Emma. I can't remember the last time I went to supper with just my mom, but it was really nice. :) 

I then headed home to try to clean my own house up! :) However, I had just sat down, when I realized that I hadn't voted in the primaries. So, off Emma and I went to vote, then back to my parents to gather up the boys (guess what? Each boy had collected a bag of "treasures") Among a bunch of stuff that will end up in the trash, they each had several note pads, rulers, pencils, and a vendor had given each boy a leather belt....nice! :) 

By the time we arrived home, finished our reading, gave bathes, had Bible time, and prayed, it was close to ten. And my house looked like a tornado went through...oh well. :)

Wednesday...August 13, 2014

Day three of school....along with one child having an appointment...supper at a friends house...church...and a call to the poison control center...forgive me, but I'm ready for bed!!

My mom graciously took the two older boys that didn't have the appointment, and I took the three others along to the appointment. Chandler had to return to the dentist to get a spacer put in, and school would have been very challenging for my mom with Travis and Emma too! Chandlers appointment was about twenty minutes, so I put Travis in the little umbrella stroller, Emma in the ergo carrier, and off we walked. It wasn't a real long walk, but I have to squeeze in what I can get! :) 

After the appointment, we came home, packed up supper, the bikes, the grocery cooler, and went to pick up the other boys. Once in Oshkosh, we did some errands, the library, the YMCA, and then we headed to our friends house. The Shuberts graciously allowed us to come to their house for fellowship and food. We also got to fit in an almost two mile walk...with six children between us! :) My brother in law is renting from the Shuberts, and he let us have some paper plates...but we let him have dinner in exchange. :) 

At church we had a missionary speaker. God really used his message on the widows vessels in Second Kings to speak to me. What will God do with myself, my children, my marriage, and our future, if I give Him all the vessels? I want my kids to be sold out, on fire for God. They don't necessarily have to be preachers or missionaries, although that would be great. However, I want my boys to be leaders In their homes, passionate about God, devoted to their wife, faithful to the local church, dedicated to God and to their families....that's a big request! 

After church, we headed home to unload the truck, put away groceries, get grouchy children ready for bed, prepare for tomorrow, and collapse into bed. But...that would be too easy. Instead, everyone needed a snack, I put away groceries, and Emma was unsupervised. She was eagerly helping herself to dumping out dishwasher detergent and sampling it! Immediately, my blood pressure rises, I can't find my phone, I forget how to read, and Emma starts screaming. The box said to rinse mouths out with soap...but how much is rinsing?! Not to mention...she's not really the rinse and spit age yet! Giving up on that, I scramble to find my phone...and try to remember how to turn it on. So, upon calling the poision control center...did you know that you have to listen to a recording about pressing one for English and two for Spanish? Good night....I just want to talk to someone!! Yeah, anyways, it turns out that it's really not a huge deal. The lady said just to give her a little water or milk, and Emma might throw up, but she'll be fine. So, I nursed her, she threw up, seemed fine, and slept great...thank you, Jesus!!

Thursday, August 14, 2014
Other than school, it was kinda a slower type day, which is great! I thought I might lose my mind trying to listen to little children read today...but I think I managed to keep it. :) 

Tonight a few friends came by to watch the kids for me. This family had given me a "coupon" earlier this summer for a night for them to watch the kids. This family, the Mayo family, attends church where my dad pastors, but I am very thankful for them as well. Myself and Jessie, did all the errands and getting stuff together for the college age activity tomorrow. Yeah, I should've done it yesterday when I was already grocery shopping...but keeping track of two lists, five children, two different budgets...that seemed like a train wreck waiting to happen! :) Three of their older children, Anna, Matt, and Maggie, watched all the kids and did some house cleaning while I was gone...awesome! :)

So, I think I'm about ready for the college activity tomorrow, school stuff is prepped and ready to go, I got to talk to my husband via face time, and I'm ready for bed. Getting up at 5:30 and going to bed at 11 might work for some, but it just turns this mama into a grouch! 

UPDATE on Roger.... He passed his written test today!!!!! Many thanks for all who prayed and have supported us in this "adventure". He has several hours of flying left to do, and an oral to take as well, but it's getting done! Every day is one day closer to having our family complete again!!



No comments:

Post a Comment