Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I'm Thankful for Friends.

Well, the day is almost over, the house is quiet, the children are sleeping, and I have a few moments to try to regain my sanity before trying to sleep. :) 

My parents graciously helped me today. My dad came and gathered up all our trash, since I seem to always manage to forget on Wednesdays and Saturdays. :( My mom took the older boys to start school, and my dad helped me get a vehicle to the repair shop. It would have been a challenge for me to get the vehicle to the repair shop by myself. :) 

After taking the sable wagon to the shop, Emma, Travis and I headed to school. Wyatt and I finished up his lessons, I listened to Garett read, and made snack for break time. :) 

After school, we had some friends come over that we haven't seen in a bit. Curt and Levi had a great time playing with the boys, and they were in and out of the pool all afternoon! Meanwhile, Jenn and I enjoyed a nice visit, while Emma and Mesa played in the house and tried to eat everything off the floor! :) Although I wish we could get together more often with this dear family, it does make me appreciate the times when we do get together. :) (After all, Jenn shared her coffee with me, so that makes her a pretty great friend!) :) 

The boys spent lots of time outside today, which means they spent a lot of time cleaning up the yard this evening. Why we need to drag out everything at one time, I'll never know! The cooler wasn't holding frogs or toads today; however, it was used to make a home for the worms...so, the boys spent a good deal of time cleaning it back out! I guess I don't really mind that they use the cooler since it's not like they are wrecking it, I just have to remember to remind them to clean it out and put it back! 

Following supper, I decided to go in to go to the YMCA. It's a trip into town just to excercise, but honestly, it makes me a better mom. I get to get away from the kids and spend an hour doing something that is good for me, improves my health, strengthens my marriage and makes me a better mom to five children...well worth the extra gas money for today. :)

During Bible time, we've been reading a health, safety, and manners book. It's the first grade level from A Beka books, but all the boys have been enjoying it. Tonight we talked about good posture, so of course, everyone had to take a turn trying to walk with a book on their head! Yesterday we read about chewing with your mouth closed and eating politely. Tonight at supper, Chandler proceeds to tell Wyatt that his manners are terrible, to which Wyatt loudly protested while talking with his mouth full of food...yikes...I think we have some work to do in this area!!

Roger is flying again tonight. I'm thankful that it's not too late tonight, but he did have a 9pm flying lesson. We are looking forward to having this instrument rating behind us, and we are getting closer one day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment