Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Few more days of my thoughts...random, scattered, and a tad disorganized!

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

I'm almost too tired to write tonight, but I know in a few years, I'll be really thankful to look back at these memories.

Week three, day two of school...it will get better, right?! One child appears to have forgotten everything he learned, one children loves learning and wants to do more, and one child states how bored he is and that he already knows all this...hmm...I doubt it! (Besides, I'm the mom, so you get to learn it!)

My dad has been coming in the mornings to listen to the boys read. That has been a huge help to my mom and I as reading does take up quite a bit of time. However, Garett forgot his book today, so that meant he had to do all the reading at home. He also had to apologize to Nana for forgetting it, and that was quite a hard thing to do for him! But, moving on, we got it all done. 

Everyone need a nap today, probably due to sugar and friend overload from yesterday. :) Garett worked on some extra school work, while the rest of us napped. It was completely quiet in the house for about 1 1/2 hours; and it was a amazing. :) Even I squeezed in a nap, which I needed. :) The boys usually do have quiet time every afternoon for at least  an hour, but Emma doesn't always cooperate on napping at the same time! 

Around three, the Longsines stopped by to look for one of the girls dolls that had been forgotten yesterday. Nap time was quickly ended, but the kids did have a good time playing with their friends. At first, it was just going to be a short visit. However, Beka and Jared needed to do some work on the house that they are trying to sell in town, so I watched the kids while they worked. Although there were nine children here, for the most part, they got along and played nicely. :) Supper was the extremely gourmet meal of Dominos pizza;  and while none of the kids seemed to mind, I'm hoping my hips and scale don't mind either! :)

I can't even describe how excited we are that Roger is coming home for the weekend. The person that bought his plane ticket, also rented a rental car for Roger. I'm very thankful for this too since Roger won't be home until around 11:30 on Friday night. 

When I asked the boys what they wanted to do this weekend with their daddy, Garett said that he wanted to go on a date with dad by himself. (Honestly, Garett probably really does need some one on one time, as I think he's been struggling lately) Immediately, cynical Chandler pops up, "yeah, that'll never happen, Garett. We all want that, but their isn't enough time". Call me crazy, but when someone says it can't happen, that's when I'll work twice as hard just to prove them wrong. :) So....I've been working on it. Actually, since Roger will have a rental car this weeked, we have a better chance of making it all work. :) Do I need some time with Roger? ABSOLUTELY!! But, I want to work on it so that everyone can at least get a little one on one time with daddy. (Wish me luck!) 

Our nineth anniversary is on Tuesday, but I'd like to try to spend some of the day with Roger on Monday by ourselves. :) I'm going to try to find a baby sitter for part of the day, so that we can do something fun together. I'm thinking of hiking at High Cliffs State Park, or a bike ride, or go carts, or something along those lines. 

Well, that was a lot of words for some one who is tired...good night!

AUGUST 28, 2014
I'll suffice it to say that yesterday was a busy day, and by the time I got home, I was too tired to think!

It was a fun day for the kids yesterday, with a visit to a friend of ours. We went to visit our family doctor, who moved on to a different job a few days after Emma was born. She graciously invited us to come over to swim in their pool, and the boys had a fabulous time! It was a lot of fun, and I'm thankful for her friendship. 

By the time our visit was over, it didn't pay to drive all the way back home and then back again for church. So, I took the kids with me to the grocery store, walmart, and the YMCA. It was a full day! Then we ate supper at church (it helps us save money) and went to church. The children's program will be resuming next Wednesday, and I'm very excited! :) (so are our children, but I'm more excited!) I was asked to play the piano again this year for the Kids Program, and I was happy to be asked. I sometimes feel that with Roger gone, I get asked to help with fewer and fewer church functions. While I appreciate the fact that people don't want to overwhelm me...I desparetly need to stay busy and to have adult interaction!!! So, at least until God moves us on, or allows us to stay, I plan to serve in whatever capacity I can. :)

I do not like Wednesday nights after church...coming home, unloading the groceries, feeding children a snack, getting them ready for bed,etc. By the time it's over, we are all grouchy!

Good night!

Thursday ...well, it wasn't the greatest day at school! The kids are always tired after Wednesdays, and it can make school seem rather long! However, we survived. We definitely needed a nap today. I took the little ones home early, and my mom finished up school with the older boys. Emma and Travis fell asleep quickly, which allowed me to help my dad gather up the trash. Did I mention that I'm very thankful that he helps us out around here?! I'm blessed! 

Later this afternoon, we went to an apple orchard with some friends. The boys brought along their quarters to feed the goats. :) Travis was very hesitant about feeding them and asked me several times, "will the goat eat me, mommy?" :) The orchard has a beautiful place for kids to play, and even though we stayed for two hours, the boys still wanted to know why we were leaving so soon! The afternoon can be summer up by the following: A good time was had by all. :)

We came home and the boys tramped around outside for several more hours before bedtime. It allowed me to try out a new recipe for our church dinner on Sunday. I'm not exactly sure it will turn out, so we will see! 

Bath time, Bible time, and bed, so the house is now quiet. I'm thinking that I'm going regret that cup of coffee I had about five! It could be a short night on sleep!

Tomorrow is my red letter day!!! Roger is coming home!! Well, it will actually probably be closer to Saturday morning, but his flight lands tomorrow night! We are all super excited, but Travis did confirm with me that dad is NOT bringing home an alligator..."right, mom?" :) He is definitely not crazy about the alligator head although he has warmed up to the fact that it is fake. 

We have some decisions to discuss and make during Roger's visit, so please be praying for us to have wisdom. Some decisions are not easy to make, and some are just unpleasant to think about, but ignoring a problem does not make it go away! My dad always says that when you run from your problems, they are always there to greet you at the next place. So, we ask for your prayers. 

Night all, Sarah 

Friday, August 29, 2014

Yay! Today is the day we've all been waiting for...daddy is coming home!! However, it won't be until closer to Saturday morning. He'll probably get home around one am, and the boys have been begging me to set their alarms clocks so they can get up and see daddy! (Umm...no!!) 

I'm thinking I deserve a medal or something, since I survived the third week of school...oh wait, it's only the third week, not the thirty third week! Wow...tough day today! 

After school, it was rest time. The pool was low on water so I asked one child (Wyatt) to please go turn on the water hose. He did...he just didn't put it in the pool! By the time the next child was sent out to see how the pool was filling up, we had a nice big mud puddle! Mom wasn't very happy, but the pool is filling again now! 

We spent the afternoon at a friends birthday party, where the boys got to go in the pond. :) Then we headed to the church for the church activity. The boys, and I, had a lot of fun playing games and laughing together. I'm thankful that there are other ladies who are willing to watch Emma so that I can run around and play with the boys! :)

It was a late night, but it's quiet now...at least until the boys discover that Daddy is here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment