Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy S.I.G.H. ( Silence Is Golden Here) :)






Ahh...silence. By the way, the only silence that is golden around here is the silence that comes from sleeping children! Any other silence could be an indication of something amiss!

Do you ever have those moments when you open your mouth to speak to your children and promptly insert your foot? Or perhaps I'm the only one! I had a moment today in which I spoke hastily to one of my children about a consequence for something they had done. Immediately, I thought, "now why did I say that?! I just made my life a lot harder!" Let me explain :) 

My dad is still hauling corn this week, and Garett asked if he could ride along tonight. My dad said that if  he went and hauled corn tonight, Garett could go. So, my dad called about 4:30 to ask if Garett could go along. I agreed, and my dad asked me to bring Garett to their house. At that moment, life got crazy! Travis was still sleeping in his bed, everyone needed to find shoes, Garett needed to pack a lunch, I needed to get ready to go to the ladies activity at church tonight, and we needed to be at my parents house in 25 minutes...it takes 15 to get there! I gave instructions to Garett to pack his lunch and find his reading book so he could read to Papa in the truck. I gathered up shoes, packed the diaper bag, put Emma in the truck, and tried to wake up Travis. :) I was feeling a little frazzled, and when I had everyone in the truck, I asked Garett if he had his reading book. He then starts searching all over the truck, insisting that he had put it on the seat beside him. However, no one could find it! I told Garett, "If you don't find that book in the next few minutes, you won't be able to go with Papa." Then  frazzlement took over! Garett immediately started crying, everyone was looking for the book,  and I went back into the house to look for the book. And I thought, "now why did I say that? I have to follow through with my statement, and Garett is going to be so disappointed!" 

Sure enough, it was time to leave (my dad called to see where I was) and the book couldn't be found. Garett was sobbing, I was frustrated, but for once, I actually kept my mouth shut...actually, I was afraid of what else might pop out!!   Once I took a moment to refocus, I told Garett that it wasn't being responsible to lose his schoolwork, and that Chandler was going to get to go with Papa. It wasn't my job to look for the book; however, I would help him when we came home. It was one very sad little boy and one very sad mama. Guess what? We still can't find that book! Garett needs to for reading class tomorrow, and he must have set it down somewhere, but we can't find it. Please pray it shows up!

After dropping off Chandler, I headed to the ladies activity at church. We had been planning on playing volleyball at the park, but since it rained this morning, we were going to play at church. On the way, I realized that my kids hadn't eaten supper, and I was dropping them off at my sister in laws house. I had told her that I would feed them, but in the craziness of the last 30 minutes, I had forgotten. Yep, we did a drive thru dinner! :) I dropped off all the kids at Mark and Allison's home, and then I headed to church. We only had five ladies come, but it was a sweet time of fellowship and fun...it doesn't take much for me to think that fellowship is sweet and almost anything can be fun! :) 

Roger is flying again tonight, so please pray for safety, calmness of mind, and a good lesson time for him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment