Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Beaches, Lakes, and Sunshine!

“When my heart is overwhelmed, led me to the rock that is higher than I.” I don’t know about you, but my heart is very often overwhelmed these days. I love the words to the song that states, “In times like these, we need a Savior...Be very sure, Be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock”! I’m clinging to my Anchor, and I surely hope you know that your security can be completely in Jesus. 


 Our nation continues to be further divided by the media, and people seem to be incapable of even thinking for themselves. If you’re white and silent on the whole racism issue than you’re  “white privileged”.  If you speak out and dare to say that you’re not racist, then you are labeled as racist....it’s so crazy! Now Aunt Jemima, Uncle Ben’s rice and other companies are getting ready to relabel their foods in an effort to not offend anyone...yet the woman who represents Aunt Jemima was a woman who became a black millionaire. You’d think that someone would be proud of her accomplishment, but what do I know?! Clearly, not much! What I do know is that God made all races and He loves all of them equally. He’s a God Who is holy, just and kind, and wow, I am so very thankful for that! 

We’ve practically lived outside the last few days, as the weather has been beautiful! On Tuesday we met friends at the beach. On Wednesday we went to Allison’s cottage at the lake. Today we went back to the beach with more friends, and tomorrow morning we will probably go to the beach again. We are so blessed to live so close to the ocean. We’ve missed many of our friends, and we are thankful for the opportunities to be outside and enjoy the warm weather. Next week it’ll probably be around sixty degrees and rainy! (But we could use the rain too!) 

We spent the morning at the beach, and then came home to do a little school work, chores, and life at home. I am trying to take a few classes this summer, and one of them is on peacemaking in relationships. Ironically enough as I was trying to listen to the lecture, my children were outside hollering at each other! I did not reply in the most peace keeping way as I hollered back at them to pipe down! (Clearly, I need to take this class!) 

Today the MDOE was supposed to offer further instruction from the state as to education plans for the fall. Last I looked, we were still waiting! I have spent much time in prayer today pleading on behalf of our children and our school. 

I have a lot more on my heart and mind, but for today, I’m just going to wrap this up with a bunch of pictures. 

So thankful for this friend! 







Beach day with this cutie! 


 








No comments:

Post a Comment