Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, June 27, 2020

Tired but Happy!





Tired but happy boys! (Dirty too) 
             

                                 
       
                                                    
                  This is about the only picture I have from today...but the table looked nice. 😀😊


Today was the day of the baby shower that I hosted at our house. I was reminded of how much I enjoy opening our home, and also how much effort it is to get ready! The house looked pretty nice, but I did tell our children to stop touching stuff! I made some meatballs for the shower last night, but they never made it to the shower...we ended up eating them for supper! It was a new recipe, and they were delicious! 

This morning started off with doing work around the house, making food, and preparing for the shower. Garett and Chandler asked if I could bring them to their job around ten, so we aimed for that. We stopped at a yard sale on the way (all of our kids love heard sales-except Garett!). I had to pick up some balsamic vinegar to finish off a recipe, so it was kinda a blessing that I needed to bring the boys to work. Then we came home, and I finished up the rest of the food and finished cleaning. The boys and Emma were going to a friends house during the shower, so that was a fun for them and a blessing to me! I’m thankful that Annah was willing to have an additional three children at her house for the afternoon! Back home again to do the last minute things, and I actually got to sit down for a few minutes. 

We had about sixteen ladies come to the shower, so that was a good turnout. It was a fun time of fellowship, laughter, food and fun! It was a privilege to have the opportunity to bless this mama and her new baby, and I’m thankful for each one that was able to come and be a part of the event. I am also very tired, and I’m hoping for an early bedtime tonight! 

After the shower, I went to pick up Garett and Chandler from their job...and they were happy to report that they had finished the job. They’ve been busy at it and their goal was to finish before they left for Wisconsin! It’s such a blessing that they were able to work for a Christian man and a friend of ours, and it was a good experience for our boys. Wyatt is anxiously waiting for his turn to go to work, but we keep reminding him to enjoy where he is now. Eventually God will provide the opportunities for Wyatt also. 

We wrap up a full week with rejoicing and tired hearts. We look forward to going to Wisconsin next week, and spending time with family there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment