Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, June 19, 2020

More Sunshine and Questions...but no Answers


A tired little girl! 

Reading together 




 






Soaking up Vitamin D these days is especially important as is getting daily exercise and spending time in God’s Word. It is incredibly easy to get discouraged through the events happening around us, peoples responses’ to those events, and the turmoil and chaos that are threatening to forever change America and our future. I am deeply concerned for my children. I worry about the state of our nation for the past thirteen weeks, and how we tried to protect them. Sometimes my mind wanders dangerously and I can be swept under by waves of fear...wondering....will America ever return to some semblance of “normal”? Will our children know America as a free nation and a democracy or will they only remember it faintly and indistinctly? Will Christian Americans commit to raising up a generation of children that will stand for right and the principles of God’s Word? Will God spare our nation from the evilness, wickedness and destruction that are looming over us? Oh, I have many, many questions! But, I have to focus on my responsibilities for today. Those responsibilities include:  focusing on God and His Word, pointing our children to Jesus, standing firm in truth, protecting history and teaching it to my children, and praying, praying, praying! Oh, we serve an Almighty God!

We soaked up another day of sunshine here in Maine today! We spent the morning at the beach, and the afternoon at the lake! I’m pretty sure that our kids have each lost a few pounds this week from days in the sun, hours of activity, and energy expended! (I haven’t lost any weight! Ugh!) I wasn’t planning on going to the lake this afternoon, but the boys have a few new fishing items that they’ve been anxious to try out. And I’m happy to go to the lake to visit with my friend, Allison and today my friend, Annah, also. 

My favorite time to go to the beach is in the morning, and then leave around lunch time. This week we’ve been among the first five cars in the parking lot at the beach, but by the time we leave the parking lot is crowded! This morning we met our friend, Bethany, and her children at the beach. Bethany has four children, and three of them are boys. The ocean is absolutely frigid, but yet all the kids went in the ocean...brrrr! I stuck in a toe, and then I decided that I was not hot enough to get in that water! However, it was a fun morning for all of us. I enjoyed visiting with Bethany, and while we didn’t solve the worlds problems, we sure treasured our time together. Garett told me that this was the first year that he ever remembers going to the same beach three times in one week! True that! But when the sun is shining and the opportunity presents itself, we will go! 

Roger was able to spend some time with his brother, Nate, earlier this week. While we certainly missed him at home, it did provide the unusual opportunities to spend extra time at the beach and lake. Roger and Nate had a great time in northern Maine, fishing, hiking, boating, and staying in a very rustic Cabin. Our boys are looking forward to their turn to go with Roger on that type of excursion...and Emma and I will be happy for them to enjoy that. I don’t mind the rustic cabin, or the outhouse or no electricity (we’ve lived in a home like that before and have some great memories) but I also think this is the type of experience that the boys would probably enjoy more if mom did not come. And that’s okay! Our boys need to have adventures and experiences with just their Dad. 

I went to Wal-mart yesterday, and there was not even a line! Sometime in the last few days, our governor said that now Wal-mart can have 250 people in it at one time. Since we live in a rural area, that means no lines at Wal-mart! For the first time in over three months, it was fun to go to Walmart. Chandler, Wyatt and Emma wanted to come with me, so I let them come along. Our kids really haven’t been in any stores since early March, so they were thrilled to go check out the clearance aisle in Walmart. And while I’m happy that there are not any lines to get in Walmart, now the question must be asked...why Walmart and not the churches? If people can be allowed in Walmart based on square footage of the store, why doesn’t that same principle apply for churches? Why only groups of fifty or fewer no matter what the square footage of the building? And why are masks still mandated in a state that has only 488 active cases of Coronavirus? And since the CDC and WHO have contradicted themselves multiple times on the effectiveness of masks, why make them mandated? I totally get if you want to wear a mask...no problem...wear it!  But to make that a requirement of people, in the summer, in a county that has only two active cases, why? At what point in time do the American people get to decided for themselves what is safe? Yes, let’s protect the vulnerable by all means! I have many older friends that are very, very dear to me, so I want to protect them, but I also have to wonder at what point in time do we start to consider the lives, businesses, and livelihoods that have also been forever impacted by coronavirus also? No, I don’t have all the answers...but I sure have plenty of questions! 

In closing, I know that I serve a God WHO sees it all! I serve a God that delights in His children. I serve a God who cares for me, and for you. We will trust Him. 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment