Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Day# Rain, Projects, and Rashes!







Fun at the Kalers


Fun swing!


Emma was sad to leave and her friend was itchy from the caterpillars! 

Brown Tail Moth Rash

We will be using a lot of these things over the next few days to keep the itchiness down! 


Wyatt’s night to make supper- tacos! 


                                                 Emma went out in the rain to check on her toad

Rain today! While I felt like the house was a little on the wild and crazy side today with the kids inside a bit more, we certainly do need the rain. It was a blessing to get some rain, and it helped me find the motivation to work on some inside projects!

Roger has had off the last two days, so we have enjoyed having him at home. Yesterday we had lunch at the home of some friends. We enjoyed our time at their house, and the boys and Emma enjoyed time on the swings and riding bikes outside. It was a good time of fellowship and fun. They do have a lot of these brown caterpillars at their house, so three of our children have a rash over most of their bodies. Emma and Garett were also outside and playing, but somehow they are both rash free! For the other three though, I needed to go to Wal-mart to get some stuff for their itchiness! When I asked the pharmacist about what I should use, she directed me to an end cap that had all the right ingredients to make a rash cream. She said that there has been a terrible problem with the caterpillars this year, so they’ve made a special area with all the supplies! Travis and Chandler went with me to Wal-mart, and the wait wasn’t too bad today. We waited in line for about 10 minutes, so the line went fairly quickly. 

We were supposed to have the elementary year-end school celebration today, but due to the rain it is moved to tomorrow. We do not have a whole lot of children signed up to come tomorrow, but we will have a good time with whomever does come. We are planning on crafts, games, water balloons, a chapel time, and lunch -sounds fun, right?!  Our children are excited about it, and I’m excited as it will officially mark the end of the school year. We’ve already started thinking, preparing and planning for next fall, and I am continuing to pray that God will do a mighty work and allow our students to return to school. Please pray  with me for a few more families, the right staff, and financial provisions for next year. We serve a mighty God! I am so thankful that He is faithful, true and mighty! 

I worked on creating summer school packets for our children today- they are not overly excited! But anyways with missing out on some actual classroom time and trying to prevent summer slide, I decided that summer work would be necessary this summer. It’s not a lot of work each day, but hopefully enough to keep what they know fresh. When I took Wyatt on a walk earlier this week, I asked him what was bothering him. He erupted into tears and said that he didn’t think he was ready for the next grade. I asked him, “Why ever not?” He said that he remembered multiplication, but he was having a hard time remembering how to do long division. Well, my son, you will probably be just fine! I told him that his teacher would help him as well as his parents. We prayed over it, and I’m hoping that he will have some relief from that concern. I dug through all our totes of remaining homeschool stuff from before we moved to Maine- it was a big job! There was material that I want to keep, material I need to donate, material to pass on to others, and stuff that needed to be tossed. It’s not completely done, but I am closer than I was before I started! 

Our governor issued another “emergency proclamation” yesterday...another thirty days and for the third time! It’s for the federal funds, and not because we have an “emergency” (that’s my opinion). We have friends that have been unable to collect rent from their tenants or evict them because that is not allowed during a “state of emergency”. It means continued restrictions on masks, limited number of people in establishments, and unnecessary power. The ramifications of these continued emergency orders will have long-reaching tentacles. Businesses are closing every day, and with the restrictions on summer tourism that will also continue to affect Maine negatively. I am ALL about protecting the vulnerable...I am not about governors that are over-stepping their powers, and restricting the movements of healthy and strong Americans! 

Maine has continued to see a decline in the seven day average of Coronavirus cases. The number of recoveries continues to outgrow the new cases. We have 505 active cases as of today. I have read that several states are seeing spikes in some areas. I think that’s to be expected, and is not a cause for alarm (again, just my opinion.) People are going to continue to get sick from Coronavirus, and it probably won’t ever be completely eradicated. However, that’s not to say that the American people should not be allowed to continue with their lives. I’d rather have liberty than the “safety” that the government wants to push on me. 

In the midst of continued uncertainty, I can rejoice in knowing that God is still on the throne. I sometimes become worried for the future and the uncertainty of it all, but God constantly brings me back to the fact that He is in control. 


No comments:

Post a Comment