Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Moments and Musings

I love baby Ruth too! 

Sea glass treasures 

Boys and a mucky frog pond! 

The world seems “normal” at the ocean 

Wyatt loves this baby too

Emma would gladly bring baby Ruth home with her!

Summer!

This swing is a favorite



These are hard days for our land and our people. My heart hurts for all the violence, destruction, cruelty and hate that seems to be spreading like a wildfire across the great land of America. Our rights to worship as we please were changed forever today in the Supreme Court case which gave the state of California the right to restrict church gatherings. How saddening! As a Christians we  should be fervent in prayer, loving our neighbor (regardless of skin color!), and steadfast in the Word. As Americans, we should be good citizens of this land. Are we teaching history to our Children? Are we upholding the Constitution? Are we supporting the candidates that we feel will make the right difference in our land? Do you vote?

 Both as Christians and as Americans, we have responsibilities. It’s easy to become discouraged in both my life as a Christian and as an American. As a Christian, I want God to work faster, show His power mightier, heal our land, and send revival. As an American, I gape at the destruction that can be done in a few short days. Lawlessness runs rampant and suddenly it’s okay to destroy someone else’s property and livelihood?! However, being discouraged does not mean that I quit in my perseverant prayers! We press on. We are called to “run the race, and to finish the course”. I don’t know about you, but I still see plenty of work that needs doing both in my life and the lives of those around me!

Today was another beautiful day albeit a bit windy. We really could use some rain here in our state, but since God’s given us days of sunshine, we will use it to it’s fullest! We spent the afternoon at a friends house. Our children were delighted to have the opportunity to visit with some classmates, Abel and Lucy. I was happy to visit with Claire and baby Ruth! The boys spent the afternoon swamping around in a frog pond, playing soccer with some of Abel’s cousins, eating ice cream at Grammie’s house, and enjoy a summer day! Lucy and Emma rode bikes, played with dolls, and swung on the swings. Claire and I enjoyed a walk down to the beach and long conversations that we’ve been missing the past ten weeks. It was a very enjoyable afternoon for all of us.

I was very thankful for the opportunity to pray with my friend, Barbara, today. It helps to know that there are other Christians praying for many of the same things that I am. So many things seem abnormal, unrestful, and off-kilter, but I can rest in knowing that God is in control. That doesn’t mean I always feel restful and peaceful! But I can be reminded to the promises in God’s Word that He is unchanging. My journal is filling up quickly these days with prayer requests, and petitions that are constantly brought before my Heavenly Father. How very thankful I am that He does not weary of me asking/pleading/begging for His mercy and grace. We serve an amazing God! Regardless of how crazy the world may become, I want the world to see there’s nobody like Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment