Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, March 20, 2020

Day #4 or whatever Day it is Now!

Emma and Nana


Garett working on a project 

Chandler collecting cans


“Freedom” That was the devotional word for our staff devotions. Seems fitting in a day when everyone is wondering where their freedom went and when will they return?! However, true freedom isn’t found in circumstances or situations, but rather in the power of Jesus name!


2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

John 8:36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Again, as I look at these verses, I am just in awe of how truly good God is to me. His promises are not based on the acts of mankind or their responses, but He offers freedom in Him. 

What did we do today? Today wrapped up our fifth day of no school...it’s Friday, but it didn’t feel nearly as exciting as when we were going to school! However, my parents arrived last night, so that provided a wonderful distraction for our tribe today. My mom patiently listened to Emma read and practice her numbers. Chandler had a migraine for some of the day, but we did get to go on a walk to collect cans. 

The day was dreary today, and that does not help me feel bright and sunny! Our kids still spent hours outside on the trampoline that they set up yesterday, and anything that they do outside helps them get along better together-more space, maybe?! 

We went through a lot of food today. Emma ate a lot of food! I’m guessing she is going through a growth spurt. Garett has actually lost a few pounds recently, and he told me its because he hasn’t eaten as much lately. Well, if thats true, it doesn’t seem like it! Oh well, he’s happy.

We don’t have a television that gives us news in our home, and I’ve never been more thankful! I do not want our children exposed to all the fear that world is allowing to consume and rule them lately. While we do give our children information, I’m thankful that we can monitor how much they know. I do not want their tender hearts to be overwhelmed, nervous or scared. They know that life is not “normal” right now, and that is conveyed in their prayer requests, but oh, how I love to hear them pray. 

This morning a friend, Sharon, dropped of a whole bag of music for me. That brought such delight to my heart, and I am excited to have a bag filled with older Christian  music and newer Christian music. Playing the piano always brings calmness to my soul, and I enjoy the opportunity to play through new music. It was the timing from the Lord to have that bag dropped off today. 

This afternoon I had the opportunity to pray with our pastor’s wife. I had to go to the school/church for something, and she was also there. The empty church building and school building make my heart so sad. It’s been nearly impossible for me to hold back the tears as I wander down the empty halls and sanctuary. However, it was a special time of prayer to pray fervently before the Lord with Beth. Pray, pray, pray! We can only arm ourselves with the prayers of Christians to get through this Coronavirus that is affecting our world. I have never felt the urgency of prayer as I have in these last few days. The world around us is changing, and we have no power to do anything about it. This isn’t one state, one nation, one city...this is world wide fear. We must prevail through prayer and storm the gates of Heaven begging our Heavenly Father to intercede. I truly, truly believe that God can bring great revival through this, but are we praying for that to happen!? 

Prayed this morning with one of our staff ladies from school, prayed this afternoon with our pastor’s wife, and prayed with our school administrator this evening. I beg of you to find someone to pray with! Find someone that you will set a phone date with to pray together! I know this feels like a soap box I’m standing on right now, but I promise it is the cry of my heart. For the sake of our children, for the sake of our nation, and our world-PRAY! Ask God to heal our land, ask Him to give wisdom to leadership, ask Him to bring revival to many-beginning with us. 


Our pastor’s family dropped off two bags of flour to our house tonight. They couldn’t come in because we have too many people between us. I had mentioned to my pastor’s wife that I was having such trouble finding flour. We are a family of seven, so we go through flour not because we are stockpiling, but rather because we eat a lot! So tonight, they came for a drive to bring us flour. That was an act of kindness towards our family, and I am thankful for our body of Christ. 

So besides praying, eating, school and outside time, well, thats about what we did today! What did you do today? What special blessings did you give or receive today?

Blessings, 
Sarah 
Journal writing

A folder full of music! 

Flour! Wyatt immediately asked Garett to make more cookies! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment