Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day # 14 or is it 15? Does anyone even know anymore!?

We all might be wondering where is the rainbow in this storm, but rest assured that God sees the storm from the other side. 




By this time, most of us have been practicing “social distancing”. And some of you have already had mandates from your governors to limit your activities to just grocery shopping, medical trips or essential jobs. And for us....that mandate came today.  I can’t honestly say as I’m surprised to get the “stay at home” mandate, but it’s still a bit depressing to be honest. I am very thankful that we have a yard our kids can play in and that we have a road we can walk down as needed. We have food for today, and that’s more than a lot of people around the world have during this time. Maine is up to 303 cases of Coronavirus with 68 recovered. Majority of those cases are in two counties down by the border of our state with New Hampshire. But we are still under “stay -at-home” orders beginning on April 2 at midnight. I am missing our church and school families during this time, but like everyone else we take things one day at a time. 

I felt like it took me all day to get through school today. I just was lacking energy and enthusiasm. The flip side of that is that I had nowhere to go so it’s not like I needed to hurry up and get everything done! Chandler made popcorn at 6:00 this morning for one of his school projects, so he was on the ball today. Garett told me that he misses “normal” school and that this at -home learning really isn’t that fun. Sigh. I hear you, but let’s just press on! Emma had an online class experience and as expected, it was utter chaos! Emma really enjoyed seeing her friends from school though, and I’m thankful for the opportunity for her. We have a preschool meeting tomorrow online, so I’m sure that will provide some interesting moments as well. It’s a learning curve for sure! I wish I knew more about technology, but I’m having to learn it so quickly! Trial and error, right? 

What am I thankful for today?
* I am thankful that God is faithful

* I am thankful that the sun came out and the kids were able to go outside

* I am thankful that Roger came home from work to take the boys fishing again tonight. They really enjoy that. 

This kid loves anything that is “hands on”

She is trying very hard to do it all correctly

Morning popcorn 


                                                Thankful for sunshine! 



No comments:

Post a Comment