Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Another day- April 1 & “Recording” lessons


I’ve enjoyed reading books at night with Emma

Yup, I am not a professional! Two tables stacked not top of each other, a binder and a few building blocks to coordinate our “recording” this afternoon.


Whew! Another day done! I don’t know about you, but these days seem a tad long! :) We are all just doing the best we can do as we get through one day and then another....but God is still faithful!

Roger had the day off today, which was extremely helpful to me as I was trying to coordinate several online meetings and groups for our kids. Wyatt and Travis had a nine o’clock meeting, and then we had a preschool group meeting at 10:30am. I was getting all set up for the 10:30 meeting when my computer just quit working! The outlet I was using was not charging the computer! Needless to say it was a frazzled few moments as I found my ipad and tried to get the meeting up and going on time. We were a few minutes late, but it did all come together- Thank you Lord!

Following our online preschool meeting, Roger took me to church to drop me off. We had made plans to record a few pre-school lessons for our preschool classes. Renee and I had big ambitions, but I’m not that great at technology and she’s worse! In our first video, I managed to chop off our heads, and somehow managed to stop the recording! However, the Lord worked out the second part, because I stopped the recording at the end of a section, so its still useable. I know all of you that know about splicing videos and sound are light years ahead of me, but hey, we have to make do! We had plans to record like ten lessons that we could release to our students over the next few weeks, but we made it through three. It is so weird speaking to empty space, and when there is no feedback- it’s just a totally different experience! Anyways, I am thankful for what we were able to get accomplished. Lord willing, it will go a long ways in keeping our connections with our preschoolers whom we miss dearly!

I also got to see my friend, Allison, for a minute at church as she is the church secretary. I wanted to throw my arms around her and give her a big hug, but you know - social distancing! Still it was good to talk with both Renee and Allison in person.

I have one more praise in that I was able to get some music recorded for my music classes. I am still planning and preparing for a Patriotic Program this year. I don’t know when it will be, but we will be ready even if we have to cut some things out! It’s totally weird recording myself singing, and definitely not my favorite thing to do, but I’ll do some crazy things if I think it will help my students. However, I was not prepared for how emotional singing the patriotic songs would be. I am thankful that I was able to play through them all first before we needed to record them. “America, America God shed His grace on thee” Oh, how I pray that! “And this be our motto in God is our trust” (excerpt from the third verse of the “Star-Spangled Banner”) I am praying and believing that God is doing great things through this crisis in our country. Please pray for our President and Vice President and our nation. Even if you don’t agree with them, I plead with you earnestly to pray FOR them!

Roger took the boys fishing again tonight. I think this is their third night in a row to go fishing! It’s an activity that they can do together, and it gives me a moment of quiet. Emma does not go fishing. She went the first night, and Roger has asked her about going every night since, and she politely says, “no thank you. That was not that fun.”

Maine news: I think we have 344 cases of Coronavirus in our state now. And 80 have recovered! I’m not sure why those that have recovered is not more exciting news these days, but I’ll happily tell you about it. We go to a mandated “stay at home” order tomorrow, but nothing will really change for our family at this time. We’ve already been social distancing, limiting our outings, and not allowing our kids to go in stores either. But knowing that we have another 30 days is a bit overwhelming. However, I’m still praying that it will be less than 30 days! God can work a miracle if He chooses....He’s still the one in charge of it all!

Don’t despair friends,
Sarah



Another good song that a friend sent to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment