Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Day #Governor’s update









Snow today 


Emma made her own toast! 

Chandler made his own lure

Yes, we do school work! 


Our state governor delivered a speech at 3:00pm, and in light of that, I had a hard time finding the energy or effort to write. But, here I am! Maine news: It really is blah, blah, blah! Regardless of how the number of recoveries continues to rise, the restrictions just keep coming! I’m frustrated, and I’m to the place where I think we need to protect the vulnerable and ill - but we need to get the economy moving again. But- I’m not in charge! Instead we get to wear face masks when we go out in public beginning on May 1. (The thought makes me feel nauseous). And our stay-at-home mandate is extended until May 31. Yes, you read that right- May 31! If the Mills Administration thinks that we are “safe” enough by May 31, the second phase of the re-opening plan will commence. Our economy is based largely on tourism, and this is not shaping up to look good for our state. This is hard! I want to go back to church, and on-line church is fine (but totally not something that I want to do long-term!). You can read about all the details here


We woke up to snow this morning! It was hard to even fathom that it had snowed, as just on Sunday it was a  beautiful day. However, I’m often reminding myself these days that “this is the day that the Lord hath made”. Regardless of my FEELINGS, I must ground myself firmly in God’s Word. God’s Word is truth. He is the anchor for my soul.

 We had a morning full of google meets for two of our kids. Emma woke up and was very disappointed to see the snow outside. She had a hard time getting ready for her google meet. She told me that she did not want to go to the “googly meet” as she called it. Nevertheless, she got online and went to the meeting. Garett is mostly independent on getting to his google meet, as he just needs me to check my email. We get the link via my email, and then Garett connects to his class meeting. Garett goes to one room, and Emma sat in the living room today. I tried to clean out the pantry while Emma was having our classroom meeting, but quickly realized that Emma needed me to  help her a lot. Sometimes she needs her mic to be muted and sometimes she needs it turned on. But eventually we finished up both the google meet and the pantry was cleaned out.

Pantry cleaning day means that we eat random odds and ends as I discover packages that are open and need to be finished up. Why put back the potato chip bag with about ten chips? Who wants the chaff and a few cheerios in the cereal box? A few mashed crackers? The kids ate up some of the snacks that just had a few left, and the pantry looks much better. Wyatt also told me that the pantry looks a lot emptier now! Its not really emptier, its just cleaner! Mission accomplished!

I was texting my friend, Allison this afternoon. We were talking about the bit of a rough day we had both had, and she sent me a picture of her dining room table. At about the same moment, I sent her a picture of our table.Yup, we are just both trying to keep our boats from sinking at this moment in time! Both of our dining room tables were covered with various pieces of school work, miscellaneous stuff but no students! Ha! We are working at it, but basically we are trying to keep the boat afloat! A bit of school work, laundry, some more meals, a bit more schoolwork, redirecting the distracted children, more food, dishes, back to a bit more school work, and then “Everyone outside”! And like ants on sugar they gladly escape to the great outdoors!



I sure hope you all are using your most valuable weapon right now- prayer! I was talking with Mrs. Wheelis this morning and we were discussing prayer requests. God is God, and He changes not. He wants to hear the requests from all of His children whether it is Emma praying that we can find a close parking spot or her mama begging God bring revival to our land. Mrs. Wheelis made the comment that both requests are important to God, and that gives me such peace knowing that God is still God. He is still on the throne, and I will continue to pray fervently and diligently. Please join me!

Our friend and a pastor we know, Jared, recently wrote an encouraging article on Covid-19 and God’s Word. He and his family live in Wisconsin, but the article applies to us here in Maine as well. WWJD and Covid-19. Our confidence is in the Lord, and we can rest assured that God will be glorified.

Additional Maine News: 1,023 cases of Coronavirus. Recoveries: 549 Deaths: 51

No comments:

Post a Comment