Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Day# Power- Thank you, Lord!



















Resurrection Sunday is tomorrow, and I imagine that the majority of us are gearing up for a totally different type of celebration than in years past. However, that’s not what is really important. What IS important is that tomorrow is the day that we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ! We have reason to rejoice that we serve a LIVING KING, which is a reason to celebrate every single day!

We still did not have power this morning when we woke up, and we were without power for most of the day. The power was restored about 5:00pm, and we are thankful for that. However, I am very, very thankful that we have a generator to power our house for days like the past two! Without the generator, it would have been a bit of a stressful day as turkeys and hams do not cook without heat! Our generator powers our whole house, so as long as I’m not running the dishwasher and the washing machine, we can usually get by. I cooked turkey, hams, made deviled eggs, fruit salad, two cakes, lemon bars, jello fluff, and rolls today! It was a full day of cooking and baking, but I think I have almost everything made that can be made ahead of time.

Yesterday the snow was exciting, and today it was not nearly as exciting for our children! They are ready for spring also! The sun was shining today, so we are thankful for that. We went for a walk, but the wind was rather chilly. I’m thankful for a warm jacket! Emma and Travis spent much of the day cleaning up the basement so that they could ride their bikes and scooters down there. It’s not ideal, but sometimes you have to decide if you really need to tell your child “no” or is it a preference? Sometimes, I have to ask myself that when my child is singing loudly or making a mess (in my eyes). I have to stop and ask “Is this something I need to speak out and correct, or is this something that I can let go?” As the days run into each other and staying at home is not as fun, I need to be careful with my answers and responses to things also. It’s not just the kids that are struggling-sometimes, it’s the mama!

We have nineteen meals to deliver for Easter Dinner tomorrow, and I am praising the Lord for that. Some are church folks, some are neighbors, some are friends or family. We will have about eight stops to make as some stops we are dropping off two meals at one spot. I am excited about the opportunity for our children to see perhaps a different type of Resurrection Sunday, but that it is still an opportunity to serve others. Please pray that we will be a special blessing as we drop off these meals. All of our kids lives, we’ve told them that it is so rude to knock on a door and run away...and what are we telling them this Easter?! “You can drop the meal off on the steps, ring the bell, and then walk away!” I’ve been explaining to them that we have to “social distance” ourselves from others, but that doesn’t mean we don’t serve others. I’m praying that tomorrow will be a memory for them as a year that God provided them a special opportunity. To God be the Glory!

                                                       Photo credit: Pinterest

Resurrection Sunday- what does it mean to you? A day to rest, a time to reflect, moments with family,  lots of food? What stirs in your mind at the words “Resurrection Sunday”? Even unchurched people would probably say that Easter has something to do with Jesus...but what? Why did a sinless man choose to die a horrific death on a cross 2000 years ago? I’ll tell you why. It was for your sin and mine. You can be as good as a person as you can be, have good moral character, love others, and still be lost and without Christ. The Bible tells us that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. Romans 3:23 states that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Again in Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” I John 1:9 states, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” We cannot be “Good enough” to get to Heaven. You can go to church, live a good life, do the rights things, and not be allowed to enter into Heaven. My friend, the ONLY way to Heaven is through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. You need to admit you are a sinner, believe that Christ died and rose again -for you, and confess your sin to Him. Do not pass through this life wondering if you are on your way to Heaven. Believe on Him today and rest assured that you can have a home in Heaven. Only one thing in life is certain and that is death. I am totally confident that if I died today, I would be instantly in Heaven. If you have any questions, I would love to talk to you.


Maine News: Oh, let’s see... 256 people have RECOVERED from the virus! That is up almost 30 people from yesterday, but the media wants you to be fearful, so they probably won’t say it like that. We are up to over 600 cases, (616 to be exact). We are at nineteen deaths from COVID-19. Good news seems to be lacking in our nation, but I would challenge to observe the news carefully. There are a lot of fake news stories circulating, and the facts are often difficult to separate from fiction. I am still praying and preparing for God to do a miracle, and I’d highly recommend that you pray the same way. He is able, oh, He is ABLE! Take heart, God is still on the throne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment