Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, April 2, 2020

April 2- Day one of Official Stay-at-home



                 Photo credit: peaceforthestorm.com

Emma’s online lesson

“This is the day that the Lord hath made”



April 2, 2020
Today marked the first day of the official stay-at-home mandate as issued by the governor. We are here until at least May 1, but feel free to pray with me that this will end sooner. I certainly am praying for that! The weather today seemed to fit the mood as it was rainy and dreary outside all day. My vitamin D levels were low before, and I haven’t been sleeping great. I can sometimes feel depression try to overwhelm me, and I fight it often. I have to fight the fear and remind myself that God still is faithful and on the throne. He is not caught off guard by the events of today, and in the midst of a turbulent time, I have to trust Him. Anyone else struggling with me? One thing that has helped is having prayer time every day with some of the staff from our school. I regularly (Monday thru Friday) have prayer at 6:30am with one of our staff ladies, Mrs. Wheelis. And then every week, we rotate through the other staff ladies from the school. Sometimes I can hear the bits of discouragement in their voices as well, but we know that ultimately our hope and trust must be in God and God alone.



Thursday today and Roger was home. That was a blessing for me. He was able to help with the schooling, so we were able to get done a little sooner than normal. The rest of the day was filled with playing on the Wii, board games, and basically just a day of survival. It was way too wet to go outside, in my opinion. The kids did go outside for a while, but they came back so wet, muddy, and cold that it wasn’t that fun.

Emma had an online lesson with her teacher today. I thought that she did very well listening over the computer, interacting, and staying focused. It can be a bit challenging to be focused at the table, while life is happening all around you! But I’m thankful for the bit of interaction that Emma can have one-on-one with her teacher. We are all trying to find new balance and learn technology in large doses!


Maine news: Maine is up to 372 cases of Corona, so the number is getting higher. Still praying that God will remove this virus from our nation, but also praying that God has a perfect plan.
Truth is that I don’t have any great words of wisdom or encouragement tonight. All I can offer is that there is hope in Jesus, and that is enough. We must keep praying. Keep on doing the next right thing. Love your kids and spouse. Trust Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment