Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day # Despair and “Burden Bearing”


A fort that Chandler built



                                                                 Outside play

Garett doing his schoolwork 

Wyatt is very diligent about his studies

Meanwhile, Travis is in the living room with a box and a knife!

School work in a box! 


Weariness- it’s a real and heartfelt emotion. There are two definitions of weariness. The first definition is one of tiredness or fatigue. The second definition refers to a reluctance to see or experience anymore of something. I am referring to the second definition for today. God gives grace to deal with the weariness and often it’s on a moment by moment basis.

I woke up to news that the Maine CDC was/is recommending for schools to not re-open this year. Since our year is slated to go until June 19th, it seems a bit outrageous to me to be calling the rest of the school year! (But, what do I know?!) However, it was disappointing news to hear this morning. When I called Mrs. Wheelis, who is my 6:30am. prayer partner, she sounded so tired and defeated that I thought I had the wrong number! (Not a feeling you want to experience at 6:30am!) We both shed some tears and expressed our disappointment. Also, it’s hard to say what this means for a small Christian school as it’s not technically mandated...but. Neither Mrs. Wheelis nor I were ready to say good-by to our students, and we both want more of the year. We miss our students so much.
This whole remote learning thing is not a cup-of-tea for anyone, and the novelty wore off long ago! I think I am really learning the meaning of “bear ye one another’s burdens”. I am thankful for the blessing of prayer and the opportunity to bow in the presence of our Heavenly Father. I think we both walked away from the conversation and time of prayer with encouraged hearts.


This is a huge burden on our nation and I’ve never prayed so consistently and fervently for God to move than I have in the case of this virus. I want Him to remove it and to do it mightily! It’s disheartening to see our economy slid further and further and for fear and panic to be ruling in the lives of people, Which is all the more reason that we should be looking to share love and joy with others! Maybe it’s just a smile at the grocery worker, or a wave to the neighbor, or a note or email written to someone. Jesus is still the giver of life and offers rest to the weary.

The rest of the day was fairly crazy for me. Two of our kids had a google meet. Then I had a google meet with our three-day preschoolers. My sister, Hannah, was working today, and she told me I could come up by her to get some eggs. I was thankful for the opportunity to see her, and she thoughtfully gave us almost two dozen eggs. She had managed to find some flour (25lbs), some oatmeal, and even a few packets of ramen noodles. I know that ramen noodles aren’t the most nutritious choice, but everyone can make them one their own, except Emma. I was very thankful for Hannah’s thoughtfulness, and twenty five pounds of flour will last us for a while!

Renee and I recorded a few more preschool lessons this afternoon also. Now that is exhausting! She’s teaching to an empty room, and I’m trying to not mess up the recording! It’s a bit more stressful than I think either of us would’ve envisioned, but I think it’s been good for our preschoolers. Although the videos are totally optional, it gives our students to still experience some of the things that they would at school. I am thankful for Renee’s willingness to do the lessons, and that God provides us with laughter along the way.

Roger and the kids spent most of the day outside. Other than doing the schoolwork that needed to be done, they played and worked outside. Our kids got all the Vitamin D they needed for today, and Travis is even a bit red from sunshine! Chandler spent the day building a tree fort, and he managed to get it up in a tree. He also put a roof on top. He was busy today working with his machete, moss, skill saw, hammer, nails, and all kinds of scraps! I so appreciate the sunshine as the more time that our kids spend outside then the less time they spend squabbling. (I know it’s hard to believe, but they do fight! Ha!)

While I was at the school recording some lessons, I had the rare opportunity to see my friend, Allison. While we kept our six feet social distancing, it was good to see her in person. It was even better to have the opportunity to pray with her. I am so thankful for friends that pray with me. I’d encourage you to find a friend that you will commit to pray with at least every few days. Prayer is what is in the power of our hands to do, and it’s our most valuable tool. So we need to use it!

I’m leaning into Jesus tonight, and I’d encourage you to do the same. Jesus -what a wonderful name!
Let me know if we can help or encourage you in anyway,
Sarah






No comments:

Post a Comment