Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day #Spring Yesterday and Snow Today!


                                             Supper....always a favorite time of the day!!

                                                    Emma’s lesson

Snow again! 


Is it Thisday, Thatday, Someday, or Whatday?! Actually, here’s your reminder for the day- it’s Thursday, April 9, today! Today we put in extra effort into getting the school work lessons done as everyone would like to have a break from the regular studies tomorrow on Good Friday. Travis is behind on his reading, and when I asked him about it, he dissolved into tears. Solving that problem before dinner seemed like a bad idea at the time, so we will conquer that tomorrow when he’s had a good night’s rest! Sometimes the best thing to do is just to wait for another opportunity!

This morning was a bit crazy and chaotic as I worked on uploading the right preschool videos for the right class, helping Emma get set up with her weekly lesson, and then having a preschool meeting with our preschoolers. It was a busy morning! Emma seems to look forward to her weekly visits with her teacher, and she really does do her best to pay attention and concentrate. I know it can be distracting with brothers around and noise, but she did very well. I am thankful for her teacher.

Renee and I had a google meet with our three-year old preschoolers, and we had 100% participation! I was thrilled! It was crazy and chaotic, but they really seemed to enjoy the opportunity to “see” each other. There attention span is much shorter than our four-year old class, but it sure was a special blessing to “see” their sweet faces. We’ve received good feedback from our video lessons, and knowing that our students are watching them makes the recording process all worth it. I sure do miss all our preschoolers, and I’m still praying that we will see them again this year!

The boys and Emma played outside for much of the morning even as the temperature started dropping, and it started raining. But even the rain didn’t slow them down much as they just put on another coat and headed back out. I’m so very, very thankful that they enjoy outside play so much. Wyatt has been working long and hard on conquering a front flip on the trampoline, and he’s almost mastered it.

Roger needed to go to work to pick up his paycheck to take to the bank, so I decided to go along. He dropped me off at Wal-mart while he went to pick up his check and go to the bank. It’s always weird to stand in line to get in the store, but I will say that the cashiers and greeters are very friendly and helpful. Wal-mart was surprisingly well-stocked (thank you for those that prayed about that!), and it was actually a very pleasant experience. I only had to make about two substitutions for things on my list, but nothing that was major. Being in Wal-mart with only 100 other people is a weird experience in and of itself, but it was a blessing to get my shopping done for our Easter dinner. I think we are set on all the ingredients, and I will be baking and cooking on Friday and Saturday! I’m looking forward to it, and I am especially glad that the children are caught up with their school work.

I also managed to make a dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free lemon curd today! I wasn’t sure if I would be able to manage all of that, but I did...and it was delicious! It’s a bit tarter than typical lemon curd as honey is a different substitute, but I’m happy with how it turned out. A few of the meals on Sunday need to be gluten free, so I wanted to experiment beforehand!

Maine news: Maine is up to 560 cases of Coronavirus, with 202 recovered. We have 23 more cases of corona than we had yesterday, but also 15 additional recoveries compared to yesterday. I wish that the media would  celebrate more of the recoveries and less hype and fear about the new cases. Caution? Yes! Panic and Hysteria? No way!

I hope that you remembered to pray today for our President, our nation, our states, our communities, our churches and our school. We must not neglect to pray! I know it seems sometimes that our prayers aren’t reaching any further than the air that comes from our mouth, but let us not be weary in well-doing. The promises of God have not changed even though our world has changed drastically! I don’t know about you, but that gives me great, great comfort!


This is one of my very favorite songs, and I hope you enjoy it also!






No comments:

Post a Comment