Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Day # Prayers and Sunshine

                                                            The view behind our church property

We definitely jumped on the opportunity to be outside today! The sunshine was absolutely beautiful, and it was much needed.

Power tools and outside projects! 

Bikes and sunshine! 


Our children are busy wrapping up their assignments as we prepare for another school packet-pickup on Friday. It is supposed to rain on Friday, so please pray with us that the rain will hold off. Two of our children have almost everything done ahead of time, and the other three still have some work to-do before Friday. We will get there, Lord willing!

Two google meets this morning. One for Wyatt and Travis and one for mom. Wyatt and Travis had to be called in from outside to join the meet, and then they left to go back outside as soon as the meet was done. It’s supposed to rain again tomorrow and Friday, so we have to use up all the sunshine that we can! I had a google meet with our pre-schoolers. I love them all dearly, and I enjoy ‘seeing’ them every week. It often hard to understand everyone though, so the meetings are kept short on purpose. Renee and I recorded lessons last week for this week of preschool. One of the lessons kept refusing to load and it kept saying the video was too long. I decided that I could probably take off the last song in the lessons and it would be short enough. Well, my non-techy skills came through as I accidentally deleted the majority of the video, and we were left with the ending song! Ugh! All I can say is that I am really learning a lot through this- at least I’m learning what I’m not good at if nothing else! Oh well, Renee was gracious and kind, and I just sent out an email explaining what had happened. And we move on.

Roger had the day off today, so that was enjoyable for all of us. He worked on the yard with the boys, cleaned up part of the basement, and took them fishing. They have yet to be successful at fishing, but they keep trying! Since Roger was home, I was able to go to church to work on a few things there. Allison and I had plans to try to get some things done, but we weren’t all that successful. We did have a good opportunity to pray and talk, and that was definitely what my spirit needed today. The opportunity to pray is one that we need to use often and fervently. It’s easy to feel “weary in well-doing”, but our defense against that is prayer. And I think rest is important. There is so much negativity in the world, and I think it’s important that we get enough  sleep. I know that when I don’t sleep well, it can totally affect my attitude the next day (just ask my husband and my kids!). We have relaxed the kids bedtime a little bit, but we still work hard at getting them to bed early enough so that they can get a good nights sleep. It’s necessary for all of us! Not having enough sleep just makes the problems of the day seem bigger in my opinion!


My sister told me yesterday that their governor in South Dakota has issued a “back to normal” status. How cool is that!? I think it’s great- maybe we should all go visit South Dakota this summer! I try not to think too much about the ramifications of the governors orders yesterday, but already so many events have been canceled. Tourism in Maine accounts for over 6 billion dollars annually! Tourism Article  I am concerned about Roger’s job and their success this summer. So many businesses depend upon summer visitors to help them through the long winter months that do not provide a lot of income. But- I have not given up praying that God will allow our governor to change her mind, and that we can see the people and businesses of Maine encouraged. And yes, I absolutely understand that some of you disagree with me and think that we should stay buttoned up until the entire threat of Coronavirus is wiped out. Know what? It’s totally okay to disagree with me, and we can still be friends! I may not agree with you, but I can agree to disagree.

A friend of mine dropped some “May flowers” off at my house this afternoon. I didn’t even know that there was a flower that is actually called “May flowers” but now I will be on the lookout for this flower. The tiny blossoms smell so good, and it was so thoughtful for Sharron to drop those off for me.
May Flowers 

Maine News: Our number of recovered cases is up over 600. And the number of active cases continues to decline. You can read additional information here


No comments:

Post a Comment