Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, April 25, 2020

Day # 40 (Unplanned Haircuts)

Haircut! Just a big chunk right out of the side! 


Can you believe that this is day #40?! Ahhh!! And we are all still alive and breathing, and I still love my kids!

Today felt like a spring day! Hooray! The sun was shining, a little bit of wind, but lots of sun. Spring has a specific smell in my opinion, and it smelled like spring today. We spent most of the day outside. During this season of quarantine, the boys have spent hours and hours outside! They have grown both physically and mentally over these past few weeks. I’m hoping that they will look back on these weeks of quarantine as a time when they created good memories, and their faith grew. God is still faithful regardless of how my fears want to squelch my faith. God is unchangeable in all of this. I’m also hoping that their clothes will last until the thrift stores open back up! Wyatt and Travis are back to being about the same size, and Chandler has grown several inches in the last month. He is now as tall as I am (not a huge accomplishment, but still!)

We hiked for several miles this afternoon while Roger was working. Garett and I did trash in the morning, and then the boys worked on their bike trail. Since they got all the lumber from the neighbor yesterday, they spent some time today cutting up the lumber and putting it over the really, muddy spots on their trails. Seems like a lot of work to me, but hey! They were motivated to do it, and the yelling was minimal!

We hiked at a preserve this afternoon that had multiple trails all over the property. It was interesting to follow the kids as they hiked around. At each intersection of the trail, a different child picked which way to go. Wyatt was the first to realize that we had backtracked over the trail due to the directions that were picked. I was waiting to see which child would pick up on that first. It didn’t matter as we didn’t really have any plans or a particular direction, so we just wandered all over.

Emma cut her hair today. Ugh! Oh well! She cut her doll’s hair first, and then cut her own hair. I’m not too bothered by it actually, as it’s just not something that needs to bother me right now. Clearly, I gave her firm instructions to never do that again, but Chandler told her “It looks terrible. But since we aren’t going anywhere right now, I guess it doesn’t matter how you look!” Trust a brother to tell you how it really is!

Maine news...we’ve reached over 1000 cases of Coronavirus, but we still have more recovered than have the illness. It seems like that would be the good news in the media, but I always feel like I have to completely read through the news articles to find the news about the recoveries. Maybe that’s why I don’t keep up with the news more...truth seems to be hard to find these days, and there is so much that is negative and depressing. That’s not what I want my mind to be focused on. I want my mind to be focused on the truths of God’s Word, and the promises that He gives to His children.

Very thankful for these five!

Worst enemies and best friends! 

Lots of laughter and exercise 

                                                                     Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment