Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, April 20, 2020

Day # Birthdays and Quarantine

Happy Birthday to this boy! 


Today was Wyatt’s 11th Birthday! Birthdays and quarantines are not the best of mixes, but it is what it is! Wyatt is our serious and studious son. Sometimes it’s hard to get him to open up, but I love to hear him talk about things that matter to him. He is quiet but resourceful. We love him dearly, and we are so very thankful for him.

Wyatt and I took a meal to one of our teachers in our school. And we were able to get lunch together and take lunch to Roger at the airport. Roger was working today, and then he had a meeting following work, so he did miss out on Wyatt’s birthday supper. Wyatt is a good sport about many things though, and he adapted and adjusted as we went throughout the day.

The sunshine was lovely this morning, and we were able to get outside for a good chunk of the day. Today marked the first day of “spring break”. Technically the kids do not have school, but I am trying to make sure we do a little bit every day just to keep some semblance of routine in our lives.  I made Easter baskets for the kids today. I know that last week was Easter, but I also knew that we wouldn’t be going anywhere or probably doing anything amazingly fun over Spring break. I decided to save the baskets for today, and that was a good idea. The boys got tool sets to share, and of course, food! I buy gifts as I see them on sale throughout the year. The tool sets were actually Christmas sets, but once the red ribbon and packaging is removed, you can’t tell!  Now they have screwdrivers, measuring tapes, hammers and wrenches to help with their projects.

Today our Haiti missions trip was officially cancelled. I was very disappointed to hear that it is officially postponed. I mean, I knew that it was highly likely and probably going to get cancelled, but I was hoping and praying that we would be able to go. However, with all the travel restraints and uncertainty it seemed best to just officially cancel the trip. The Haitian people are in great need of food. If the Haitian pastors are saying that their circumstances are tough, then the situation must be dire! Parakaleo is working with some of the national Haitian pastors to try to figure out how to meet the needs of the people during these difficult days. I already had about half of the cost of the trip sent to Parakaleo, and I gave it to Parakaleo to use as they see fit today. If God wants me to go to Haiti next year, He will provide the funds for me as I needed. He always provides! Some of the money of my Haiti missions trip had been provided by some friends of ours. I called them this afternoon to make sure that they were okay if I gave away the funds to Parakaleo. They were fine with that, and it was so good to talk to them. These are very, very dear friends of ours that we love greatly! It was a special blessing to talk to them today. If you would like to donate to Parakaleo, you can do so Here. We are so blessed in America to have a roof over our head, clothes to wear and food to eat. Not all people in the world have the same amenities that we take for granted. Please keep our Haitian friends in your prayers.


Honestly, I am a bit discouraged tonight. I don’t even watch the national news as it’s hard enough to keep up with the news in our own state! It’s depressing to see so many decisive opinions shared on social media, and everyone having a different opinion. I have an opinion also, but if you want to know it, you’ll have to ask me! All I ask for today is that regardless of your opinion of state or government authorities that you will pray for our leaders. Pray for our country. Pray for our communities, churches, schools and families. We must continue to be faithful to pray even when we wonder if it’s working! Stay faithful to prayer and His Word. And pray believing (I’m talking to myself too!)



Maine news: We have 35 deaths reported from Coronavirus. 414 people have recovered and 426 active cases.

Emma’s outfit choice



A little school work 

Love this boy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment