Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Day # Thankful for Sunshine!





Today I don’t having anything overly exciting to share except....I survived the day, and so did you! I don’t think anyone really knows what day of “stay-at-home” this is anymore anyways, so congratulations on making it through the first week of April!

I am thankful today for sunshine! God gave sunshine and warmth today, and I was able to get in a quick little run. Roger was home today so he was able to help with some of the schooling, monitor the yard-pick up crew, and then take the boys fishing after lunch! Chandler caught one small fish today, and the other boys got a few nibbles. Nothing to bring home, but they still enjoy going fishing! (I think after several unsuccessful ventures, I’d be done. But the boys keep on wanting to go!) I’m thankful that Roger has the opportunity to take them. The boys ask Emma every time if she wants to go, and she always says “no, thank you!” Apparently, once was enough for her!

       I love Chandler’s expression in this picture! He is so delighted to play outside and use his imagination.


Emma and Garett both had classroom meetings at the same time this morning, and we managed to make both meetings! Whew! I am thankful for an Ipad that one of the kids could use, and a computer for the other student. Along with everyone else, I’ve had a huge learning curve in technology this week. From filming preschool lessons, to Google meets, to attending online staff meetings, to figuring out how to put a video on YouTube...craziness! But God has been faithful, and He continues to give grace-lots of grace!

I was blessed by several people today. A friend, Ashley, called to say that if we needed help delivering Easter meals, her husband would be happy to help. It’s always a blessing to have friends to be there to help! My friend, Renee, said if I needed any extra desserts or anything for the Easter dinner she would also be happy to help. Roger was given a turkey from someone, so that was a blessing. And we have fifteen meal confirmations for Sunday! I think that’s awesome! I am happy to cook for however many meals are needed/wanted, so it’s not to late to message me about an Easter meal! I’m thrilled with how its coming together, and I just ask for prayer that I’ll be able to find every thing I need when I go grocery shopping later this week.

Also today, I got a call from an older lady in our church. She was calling to check-in on US! Usually, I’m the one calling to check in on our older folks, but she called me. She just said that she couldn’t get us off her mind, and if there was anything we needed to please let her know. Here’s a dear sweet widow that is already in the high-risk category reaching out to me to see if there is anything that we need! How sweet! My heart was touched by her thoughtfulness.

Other than that I prayed with two dear staff ladies, helped with schooling as needed, did laundry (never ending) and made food! I’ve taken to tell my kids that they have to drink a glass of water before they ask for a snack! I know that they are playing outside a lot, and that they are burning a lot of energy, but woah! Garett polished off half a pan of enchiladas last night along with salad and grapes. Emma ate two eggs and a bagel, and the rest of them are part piranha, I’m sure! I am thankful that we have food to eat, clothes to be washed, and a bed to sleep in. We are blessed.

Maine news: We have another 20 cases of Coronavirus in Maine, and two additional deaths. We are over the 500 mark, but 176 have recovered. I keep praying fervently for God to stop this virus, but also I plead with Him to give me patience and grace as we wait. I’m not always great at the waiting part, but I’m learning!

We all need to be united in prayer these days. It doesn’t matter what your personal opinion is of the President or his cabinet, but I do ask that you uphold them in prayer. Ask God to give them wisdom, direction and discernment. Our President has a very difficult job these days, and it seems that the American people as a whole have laid down our freedoms in the name of “safety”. I ask that you pray for God to remove this virus from our land in a way so great and mighty that it can only be called an “Act of God”. I would ask that you pray that the American people can get over the fear that seems to be griping them, and turn their hearts to God. He is our Rock and our Deliverer. Trust and Rest in that today!



No comments:

Post a Comment