Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Day # Press Forward!



Emma is enjoying the new rain boots that belong to me! :) 


Spring? Where, oh where is spring?! Today was a chilly and windy day, but I am thankful that while we saw a few snowflakes, there was not a major snowfall! Our friends in Alaska mentioned that they still have a lot of snow that is on the ground and a lot of melting that needs to happen. So I guess I will rejoice that we did not get snow on the ground.

I am praying for a bit of warmer temperatures soon as it is just easier to get outside and enjoy being out if its a tad warmer. The kids don’t seem to be bothered by the cooler temperatures today, and they just came back inside for warmer coats and winter boots. They have almost completed the trail through the woods around our property and it’s almost cleared enough that they can ride their bikes on it.

Roger had the day off today, so that was nice for the boys. They had planned to go fishing today, but it was so windy that they decided to wait for another day to go fishing.

I am so thankful for each one that sent me a message or posted a sweet comment concerning my  Post from yesterday. Yesterday was a long day, but I’m thankful for a new day and new mercies. The problems from yesterday did not magically disappear, but a good nights rest and lots of prayer can put a whole new light on anything. I was able to spend some time in prayer and fellowship with one of our staff ladies, and that was certainly a blessing to me. We had been praying consistently during each of the school weeks (Monday thru Friday) but we had decided to take the week off from prayer partners during the spring break week. I was not prepared for how much I would miss that time of prayer and adult interaction. Roger will talk to me a lot, but he is just not all that interested in discussing google meets, teacher talk, and lots of ideas. Bless him, but he definitely gets a glazed over look when I start talking too long about remote classroom ideas or such! It was a blessing to get back into our prayer routine!

I had to go to Walmart today, and it is always a gamble to know how long the line to get into the store will be. I’ve driven into town before to try to get a few things, and I have decided that the line was not worth it. However, this morning the line was only about five people long when I arrived at Wal-mart. I’ve also gotten smarter in that I always have my winter coat with me just in case I have to stand outside for a while! It takes some time, but I’m learning! However, the wait to get into Wal-mart was relatively short today, so that was a blessing. By the time I left Wal-mart, the line was about thirty-five people long! The chickens are apparently still on strike from egg-laying as there were no eggs to be had, but other than that I found everything on the list. I still have some eggs from my last shopping trip, so it’s not like we don’t have any eggs. I’m sure we will have enough until the next shopping trip. My kids were thankful for the fruit that I brought home as that is probably the thing that we go through the quickest around our house. Five pounds of oranges, five pounds of bananas, three pounds of apples and seven pounds of mixed frozen fruit, and I told my kids that they need to ration out their fruit! I am very thankful that they enjoy fruit and fresh veggies, but I’m not going to the grocery store as often so we need to ration it carefully.

We also bought dirt and seeds to start on some plants for our garden. Chandler enjoys gardening and dirt! He is happy to start planning and planting some seeds in the next few days. I definitely do not have a green thumb, but I’m happy to help Chandler. Garett enjoys eating the food!

One more day! Aren’t you thankful that we have made it through another day? I am thankful for God’s faithfulness and His mercies. Even when it seems like absolutely nothing is happening, I choose to believe that God is still at work in and through us as well as around us. Trust!

Maine news: We have a total of 39 deaths in our states, which is three more than yesterday. We have 19 new cases today, and we have 455 that have recovered. We have 413 active cases in our state today. Confirmed cases are found in all 16 counties in Maine, but three counties account for 75% of the cases. 16,000+ have tested negative for the virus. We are praying for our nation, our state, our communities, churches and schools. Please continue to pray for our President and your state governors regardless of whether or not you agree with them!
  • The 80 coronavirus cases confirmed in Maine in the last five days is less than half the 194 confirmed in the previous five days.




A friend sent me this song link this morning, and it was a reminder of God’s goodness and faithfulness. “Lord, I will wait for You” 


No comments:

Post a Comment