Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Day # End of April!

Thursday...right?! I mean, who really knows which day is which anymore anyways? They all seem oddly similar, but my calendar reminded me this morning that this was the morning for two google meets.

Roger had today off, which provided me the opportunity to be able to record a few lessons for our preschoolers for next week. After praying with Mrs. Wheelis this morning, I snuck in a quick run, and then settled Emma in for her google meet with her teacher. Every week, Emma has a quick lesson with her teacher. Emma seems to enjoy the one-on-one lessons better than the classroom meetings, which I think is just because sometimes the classroom meetings are a bit more chaotic. I set Emma up for her meeting, said hello to her teacher, and I walked away to do a few other things. About five minutes later, Emma gets up from the couch and announces that she is done. I asked, “Already?” Emma replied, “Yes, she went away, and I don’t know where she went.” The computer had lost power and gone dead while Emma was having her meeting. Emma just assumed that the meeting was over, so she walked off! There was a few minutes of crazy as we worked to figure out how to set up the iPad to connect to the meeting. Emma’s teacher was waiting patiently, and Emma was able to finish the lesson. It’s just one technology thing after another!

Later in the morning, Renee and I had a meeting with our three-year-old preschool class. The interest level is waning for everyone, and we had one preschooler come to the meeting. While it was a bit disappointing that more of the class did not come, we sure do enjoy the opportunities for one-on-one time with our students also. While the technology curve is steep, we are learning!

Renee and I were able to get three more preschool lessons recorded as well as our packets ready for our preschoolers tomorrow. We only have two more packet pickups. I feel like the little engine that could “I think I can, I think I can!” God is good. He brought us this far, and He hasn’t forgotten where we are at.

Tomorrow begins Phase One of Re-Opening Maine. So since we haven’t been required to wear masks all this time, now tomorrow we have to wear masks when we are out in public! I wanted to get the grocery shopping done for the week today so that I wouldn’t have to wear a mask, but the line to get in Wal-mart was way too long. Oh well! I could totally use grocery pickup at Walmart, but I kinda like picking out my own groceries (especially fruits and vegetables). And I know that there are people that need to use grocery pickup far more than I do! We do have a  Sam’s Club Plus membership so that allows me to get a lot of non-perishable items shipped for free. That helps too!


There is much confusion and fear in our society today. It is fueled by panic, fear of the unknown, false information, and speckles of truth thrown in here and there. This is certainly not the America our Founding Fathers envisioned of almost 250 years ago! I encourage you to pray, to write letters to our government leaders, and to ask God to send revival to our land. The mightiness of God has not changed because we are in a pandemic! 
Emma’s weekly lesson

We had an ice cream cake with candles last night to celebrate Wyatt’s birthday (which was over a week ago!) I had found an ice cream cake on deep clearance on our last grocery run, and we had saved it to have a birthday celebration! Birthdays during a pandemic are different! 

I am thankful for the time to pray and to really get into God’s Word. I’m reading through I Peter now, and I am enjoying searching out God’s Word. I have also signed up to take a class online (how I’m going to find the time, I don’t know! But where there’s a will, there’s a way!) One thing that continually comes through Scripture is how much God loves us, and He desires a relationship with us. He will never force Himself into our lives, but He is every ready to be involved in our lives. I’m thankful for a relationship with a loving yet holy God. If you don’t know Him as your friend and Savior, He’s waiting for you today! 


Maine news:

 The Maine CDC reported one additional death due to COVID-19, for a total of 53. The additional death announced Thursday was a woman in her 50s from Cumberland County.

There are now 1,095 confirmed cases, 631 recoveries, and 170 total hospitalizations in Maine. 

35 people in Maine are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19, with 18 being treated in intensive care units and 8 on ventilators.



No comments:

Post a Comment