Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, April 6, 2020

Day # Blessings! WOW!


                                                Photo credit: a lighthouse.com

                                              Does this look like a mess? It was!!

My day was actually filled with many blessings! My heart is just full to bursting of all that God has done today.

First of all, while I was reading Emma her Bible lesson story from school today we started talking about Jesus’s death on the cross. It was another golden opportunity to ask her about her own salvation. She seemed shy and intimidated, and I did not want to push her into making a decision about trusting Christ as her Savior. However, she knew that Jesus died on the cross for sinners, and that she was a sinner. She knew that Jesus has risen from the dead, and she knew that the only way to get to heaven is by asking Jesus into her heart. After a few moments of thinking, she said, “I think I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.” She did not need help praying, but her prayer was so simple and trusting. She told Jesus that she was a sinner, and that she needed Jesus to come into her heart to take away her sin. My heart is so full! The angels are rejoicing in heaven tonight along with Roger and Sarah!

Secondly, I mentioned yesterday about my idea of taking meals to some of the older folks in our church and in our community. You can read about that idea here. I have ordered some “to-go” containers off of Amazon, and I have been working diligently at planning the menu and trying to get all the groceries. Today I got a Facebook message from a friend in Florida! Joanna  mentioned that she had read the blog yesterday, and that she and her husband wanted to give money towards funding the meal for Easter! I was completely blown away by their generosity and thoughtfulness! I still get goosebumps thinking about it. It was just complete confirmation that this Easter dinner plan is from the Lord! I’ll never forget this moment for as long as I live! We serve a Big God!

Also today I was able to talk to my sister, Jenn, in South Dakota. It’s always nice to hear from someone who doesn’t think the sky is falling and that everything needs to be gloom and doom. Are we concerned? Absolutely! But fearful? Well, we try hard to fight that with faith! Their Christian School has gone to digital lessons, and they face technology issues just like the rest of us. It was good to talk to her. I was able to text my other sister, Hannah, today too! She and her husband have a bunch of chickens, so I asked her if I could possibly get some eggs from her. She said that the chickens are laying pretty well, and that she has given away a bunch of eggs lately, but she will have some for me on Wednesday. How great is that!

Other praises from today would include ...sunshine! Blessed sunshine! I was able to get out and go on a walk and get some Vitamin D. I also had a good talk and prayer meeting with my friend, Ashley. It’s good to hear the voices of some of my dear friends, and it’s always a calming feeling when I bow before my Heavenly Father to pray.

We also had our first on-line staff meeting today. One of the hardest things about online meetings is just trying to grasp all that everyone is saying. Since really only one person can talk at a time, it can get a little crazy if the sound gets distorted or something is making noise. However, for the most part I think we succeeded in what it was that we needed to sort out. We are preparing for another set of packets to be ready to go out on Monday. This has already been longer than anyone has wanted, but it is what it is. We press on.

Also today wrapped up a fast I’ve been doing for the past seven days. Today was the eighth day of our water fast. I know you’re reading that and you think I’ve lost mind mind! Hear me out! I’ve read a lot of books, articles, etc., and the benefits of water fasting are astounding. Some of the benefits include: Improved metal clarity and concentration, induces weight loss and body fat loss, lowers blood sugar levels, improves insulin sensitivity, increases energy, improves fat burning, lowers blood cholesterol, can aid in prevention of Alzheimer’s disease, extends life, reverses the aging process, and decreases inflammation. WoW!  I did a water fast over a year ago because I knew it would be good for me to do. My friend, Jenna, reached out to me to see if I was interested in doing a seven day water fast with her last week. To be honest, I wasn’t crazy about the idea. But I knew it would be good for me, so I said yes. We were good for each other. We encouraged each other along the way, and slowly, oh, so slowly we made it through the week! It was a long week! But here we are on the other side! I do feel better, and I’ve lost over 12 lbs. Obviously, much of that is water weight, but I still lost weight. I wish I got to choose where I lost the weight from on my body, but I didn’t get to pick that! I did tell Roger that I would never again do a fast during a time where there is so little to do. These days, food can bring much pleasure to my taste buds! But it was good to exercise self- control, and it certainly gave me extra time to pray and read. However, I am looking forward to enjoying coffee again! (And it’s much easier to go on a date, if we are both eating- not that there’s been a lot of those lately!)


So, my day was full to bursting with excitement and good news! I am just once again in awe of the great God that we serve! Glory be to God the Father, Glory be to God the Son!

Blessings,
Sarah


Maine News: We now have 499 cases of Coronavirus in our state. And 158 people have recovered from the virus. We also have ten deaths total, but for the second day in a row, we have no new deaths to report. Along with the rest of the nation, we wait. Trying to be patient, but I’ll be honest...It’s hard. I constantly give it over to the Lord, but as soon as I say amen it seems like the fear is nipping at my heels. I’ve learned to just not say “amen”. I truly hope that you are praying regularly and fervently for our states, our nation, our President, our communities, our churches and our schools. People are fearful and scared, and while we should be cautious and kind we do not need to live in fear. We serve a mighty God- keep praying!

Beautiful Blue Sky! 

Back and forth between soccer and football all day long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment