Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day# Free Food and Recording Lessons



The sunshine was lovely today, but the wind still makes it feel like spring is eluding  us! I guess it just means that when the temperatures do start to rise, we will be even more thankful!

Roger had another day off today, so that was nice for all of us. Roger and I were able to get in a walk together and by ourselves! That provided an opportunity to talk together without “ears in the cornfield”! I don’t know about any of you, but we have certain children that seem to perk right up when Roger and I are on the verge of an important conversation! So, I am thankful for the opportunity to walk together! Roger took the boys fishing tonight, and they were all very excited to go! Mom and Emma were happy to see them go off happily while we enjoyed books and some quiet time!

I spent the afternoon at the school working on recording preschool lessons. I’ve missed my co-worker and friend, Renee, so it was especially delightful to have the opportunity for face to face conversation. Neither of us were prepared for how exhausting recording lessons would be for us! You don’t realize how much you rely on student interaction until the students are not there! It is very tiring  and often overwhelming to try to record and film the lessons. Renee does a good job, but I know it’s tiring. I was happy to spend a good chunk of the afternoon just visiting with her, praying together, and asking God to continue to give us wisdom and grace. We miss our preschoolers so very much, and it’s very hard to walk through the empty classrooms at the school. I am looking with great anticipation to the day when the rooms are filled with joyful, happy voices of young children.

Our local grocery store had been playing this “monopoly game” in which you get these little paper things to open for certain items you buy. It’s a pain to open all the tickets to try to win something, but I’ve collected quite a few tickets for free items from the grocery store. Since I was already in town, I decided to try to go an collect some of my free grocery items. In our family, it is always worth it to spend time opening tickets to possibly win free food!!  I know that I had tickets for all the items to be free, but the total was $1.14. Somehow it doesn’t seem to be a wise decision to ask the sales clerk to go back through the thirty something coupons to see which one didn’t scan! It seemed like a much better choice to say “thank you” and pay the $1.14!
Batteries, taco seasoning, donuts, French bread, popsicles, yogurt, storage containers, three cans of fruit, one can of vegetables, pasta, salad dressing, sour cream, water, and ho-hos! The kids were very excited for popsicles, donuts and ho-hos! 


And we wait! Fear not and be of good courage! These days may seem long and monotonous (or maybe that’s just me!) but God has not forgotten us. I rejoice in the fact that God knows where we are and what we need.

Maine news: 44 deaths in our state. 937 cases. 485 have recovered.

I am not an expert on any thing. And yes, every single life is valuable! However, I have read multiple articles on how suicides, depression rates, and child abuse calls have all been on the rise while multiple states “shelter-at-home” and follow the “safer-at-home” mandates. I am also concerned about those lives! I feel “off balance” by it all as there seems to be no balance to be found. If a person posts about how they want to reopen the economy, someone blasts them for not caring about others lives. If a person tweets about how we should just stay in quarantine through the summer so that our loved ones don’t die, someone tweets back about how their livelihood and families health is also at stake! Words fly harsh and furious, and I just want to challenge you to be sure that you spend time with God and His Word. I’d challenge you to share your opinions with others with a soft word. We do not need to stir up anger or hot emotions...there is plenty of that flying around! Let’s not be the ones to spread division, but rather be ones that are fervent in prayer and love for our neighbors.




No comments:

Post a Comment