Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, March 23, 2020

Day #? What day even is this?! Oh, Monday!

Monday...I think!

The word of the day: APPRECIATION (to enjoy or value something or somebody or to understand something) Ive been reading through a book called Parenting With Scripture.  It has been a good book that discusses words and their meanings, and gives Scripture to go along with the words. The word appreciation is a good one for today, as there are so many things that I take for granted. The Scripture verse for today is as follows: Psalm 100:4-5 “Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever: his faithfulness continues through all generations.” Did you appreciate God and His Word today? Did you appreciate the opportunity to spend extra time with your children or family? Do we appreciate these circumstances in our lives? Personally, I’d like to hurry up and get the problem fixed! But God doesn’t always work like that. Sometimes, He is waiting on a response from me. For me to quiet my worried heart before Him. Oh my heart is overwhelmed these days! I’ve cried more in the last week than I’ve cried in a long time! I pray for our children, our nation, our world, our leaders, our families, and the list is every growing! But...still...God is faithful and true. I’ve got to rest in that tonight.


Using our windows as dry erase boards. 


On going, never-ending wrestling match

Emma’s outfit for school


Today I am thankful for my parents being here for a few days. My mom has been teaching Emma, and that has been helpful for all of us. The boys worked long and hard on a project with my dad today, and they are all tired out! They put together a shed to protect the boards from the ice skating rink. There is enough room in the shed to also provide room to protect the lawn mower. The weather today was cooler, and the sun was hiding. I struggle so much more when the sun is not outside. My blood test results from a few weeks ago came back, and my Vitamin D levels are low. Lately, Ive been spending plenty of time outside, but I’m sure my levels are still low as the sun is just not shining as of late...kinda like it’s weary too! Yes, I know that’s impossible, but still!

Today I am just continuing to trust that God is still good; He’s still God; He still knows where we are;  He is watching over us. There just seems to be NO good news! Our Coronavirus numbers are up to 107 today, and I’m sure the number will continue to rise. Other states have basically shut down their states economy, and across the nation people are fearful. As long as the media is feeding the people, and people are fearful, we will continue to act selfish as a nation. Oh, dear Lord, please help us! I savored the opportunities to pray with two of our staff ladies, both of whom I love dearly. I know that our teachers also desire to get back to their students, and for that end we pray diligently and fervently, as well as for God to be glorified in and through all this seemingly chaos in our world today.

Other states are now under mandatory stay-home acts from governors, and we haven’t gotten that word yet. However, this feels like pain, and my best response is always to face pain head on! If we have to have a mandatory stay-home act then let’s get-on with the pain so that hopefully, someday our lives can find some semblance of normal...whatever that might look like! While  it all seems so bleak and wearisome, I know that there are millions of others on this planet who’s life is much bleaker than mine. I was able to get out of bed on my own power, and we had plenty of food to eat today, and I didn’t have to spend all day outside in the cold. So, I am blessed indeed.

I do feel like I spend A LOT of time cooking these days, but I’m thankful to have food to cook. These kids can put away the food, but I am so very thankful that they are not picky eaters. I am happy to cook...most of the time. We have been safe and healthy, and we have plenty of food to eat.

We continue to love & pray fervently and diligently,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment