Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day# Fixing Emma’s Hair? & Clearing trees


Watching the action at the lot next door! 

Emma’s haircut




I think we are to the place in this quarantine and “at-home” schooling that we are just putting one foot in front of the other. One of my friends mentioned to me yesterday that her son told her, “Mom, every day is the same!” Yes, yes we hear you!

Today’s excitement included lunches being delivered, and they began clearing the trees in the lot next to us! The boys sat outside for a long time watching them work at cutting down trees until the black flies were just too awful. I also cut Emma’s hair. The chop out of it was just getting to me, and she has no hope of going to get it cut professional anytime soon, so mom it is! It’s not perfect, but it’s better than it was!

Renee and I recorded two more preschool lessons today. Whew! It’s always good to visit in person, prepare packets for our students, pray and record lessons, but it’s tiring! Emma and Garett both had google meets this morning, and I spent a good chunk of the morning answering some emails, and trying to find a balance between being a mom or teacher or wife! I don’t think I succeeded very well! I finally sent my friend a text and said, “I’m going on a walk!” It was good to clear my head, or at least try.

On Friday we will have our last packet pick-up! Hooray! The students and teachers have all worked so hard at finishing up the school year, and we are coming down the home stretch. We need to finish strong!


Maine news: Fifteen new cases. The number of active cases is at 499 compared to 389 two weeks ago. A bit disheartening if you only looked at that perspective. However, many cases have stemmed from an outbreak at a Tyson food plant or several nursing homes. Read this part: 41 more people have RECOVERED today!

I choose to rejoice in the fact that the Lord is with us today. He goes before us and beside us. He surrounds us, and He blesses us with new mercies. We have much to be thankful for in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment