Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Day# Quarantine Birthday and Blessings!











Happy Birthday to me! The sun was brightly shining, and we were able to attend church at the drive-in service at church. It was a good day.

Thank you all for so many wonderful birthday wishes and greetings. I feel so very loved, and thank you for each one that wrote a note or wished me a happy birthday. Quarantine birthdays are not ideal for anyone, and that does not  change if you’re turning seven or thirty-seven! We miss people!

After the drive-in church service, we went out to the airport to have lunch with Roger. Since Roger was working today, we took lunch to him. It was a quick lunch as I needed to be back at the church by one pm. We still have preschool lessons to record  for another two weeks, and we needed a lesson for tomorrow. The kids all played outside while Renee and I recorded another two preschool lessons. It’s not ideal for anyone, but we are just trying to keep the boat floating! Renee made me a cake, brought coffee ice cream, and a gift card for my birthday! I am so blessed! I certainly wasn’t going to make myself a birthday cake, so it was a special treat for all of us to have birthday cake this afternoon. It was a delicious apple cake, and I tried coffee ice cream for the first time. I had never heard of coffee ice cream before moving to Maine. I’m sure it’s around, and I just wasn’t tempted to try it. I have to admit it was remarkably good! Our children thought so also, and we polished off the rest of the cake and ice cream when Roger came home from work!

Before the drive-in service this morning, I was able to get in a run on this beautiful day. It was not an overly long run, but I was so thankful to soak up the sunshine and to just pray with my Heavenly Father. This afternoon, I took the kids on a hike. We had no idea where we were going, so we just kinda started driving around our area. We ended up on a hiking trail by an ocean inlet, and it was muddy! Oh my! Travis lost his boot in the muck, and Emma got stuck and started yelling for Garett to help her. The boys had on rubber boots, and they boots were completely covered. By the time we got back to the van, I had the kids all take off their shoes and put them in a box in the back of the car. I told them that they would all need to take showers when we got home to which two boys replied, “Oh mom, we took a shower yesterday!” Um...if you tromp through the muck, you are taking a shower!

Tomorrow we get back to the school work. I know it’s going to be a bit of a hard week as the weather is supposed to be beautiful this week. But we will get it done! Roger and I have been encouraging the boys to work hard at it and just get it done. These are the last two packets, so once the requirements are done, so are they! (I’m pretty sure that I am just as excited about being done as the kids!) As we look to the fall as a school, please do keep us in prayer.  Our world has gone crazy around us, and we need the wisdom that only God can give in order to make wise and right decisions!

Roger and I were having a discussion tonight on “fear” versus “caution”. It went right along with our Pastor’s message from this morning. He has been preaching on the book of Nehemiah which has been very fitting for this time in our lives. The people were prepared, but not afraid. They were doing something that might have been out of their comfort zone, but they kept going. I wish that I could’ve “heard” more of the message this morning. It’s a bit distracting having five children behind you! I want our children to not be fearful in their lives. God asks us to do hard things, and regardless of what God’s plan is for the future, we cannot be a fearful people. Our world is filled with “fearful” people that are griped tight in the clutches of fear. Fear prohibits us from making wise decisions, and it cripples us. I’ve been fearful in my life, and fear is not pretty. The Bible tells us that we are not to be fearful and that God does not give us the spirit of fear. So if fear is not from God, then it can only be another of the devils attacks. So instead...Take courage! Be brave! God gives us strength for today! I don’t know what the future holds either, but I KNOW WHO holds the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment