Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Day # Saturday Sunshine & Ocean Visits






Breezy but fun! 

We have yet to go to the beach and come home empty-handed! 

Everyone finds a tresure! 

They fight. They squabble, but they are brothers! 


Not all the days around here are easy, and often they are a bit long. But I am thankful for the sunshine that God blessed us with today. Because of the sunshine, we did not have to load and unload trash in the rain; I was able to get in a short run, and I took the kids on a hike to the ocean. We are thankful for the Vitamin D that God gave us, and we definitely used it!

Garett and I went to do trash today, and Garett was worried that he would have to wear a mask while unloading the trash. I told him I didn’t think he would have to as it’s outside, and plenty of social distancing space. When we pulled up, I noticed that one of the helpers did not have a mask, so I figured that Garett would be fine without one. One of the older men there spent several minutes commending Garett for helping “his sister” bring trash to the dump. Garett stared at the man for a moment, and then said, “That’s not my sister. That’s my mom!” Needless to say, I was thrilled! I know I don’t look young enough to be Garett’s sister, but the gentleman was older and probably couldn’t see all that well!

Laundry and outside play was on the agenda for today. For the most part, we succeeded at both. I went on a quick run. (These quarantine miles are tough as no matter which way I run, I have to come back up a hill!) We ate lunch and then we took a hike. While the sun was out today, it was quite a bit cooler on the beach. The kids still had a good time, and we stayed for over an hour tromping around on the beach.

We visited Roger at his work, so that was a nice change of scenery also. So many businesses and people are concerned about our governor’s mandate from this past week. While Roger’s job also involves moving mail and freight, it is still a different scenario if tourists can’t come to Maine this summer. I wrote our governor today...not that I think it will make a difference. However, I have no right to complain about something that I’ve made no effort to change. I would ask that you pray for our state and our governor. Money does not grow on trees (even my children know that) and I am deeply concerned about how quickly our freedoms seem to have been erased in the name of “safety”. Our founding father fought for our freedoms with tenacity, grit, risk, and deep determination. I cannot  sit idle and do nothing. I am writing to our governor and other’s in authority because it’s something that I believe to be important. Pray! Pray! Pray! And Act when necessary and possible!

Maine news: 56 Mainers have died from the virus as of today. There are also 29 additional confirmed cases. However, 689 people have recovered from the virus which is an increase of 32 from yesterday...we can be thankful for that! Our number of active cases is at 407, which is a decrease of 4 from yesterday.

Rejoice! Our God is still on the throne! Above all else, God wants us to know Him in a real and personal way. Today is another opportunity to serve Him.

Quarantine Miles 

Lots of outside time! 





No comments:

Post a Comment