Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day# Some date some time in May!

Our book! 

The boys are enjoying looking through the memories!

Big changes are happening at the lot next door!

Loved seeing this sweet baby today! 


Wednesday, right? It was a busy day (for a Coronavirus Quarantine Day. We tackled google meets. I had a meeting to try to make plans for a year-end gathering. We had small (very small) group prayer meeting tonight.


Roger had off of work today, which made it easier for me to get all the things done that needed to be done. They have been busy at the lot next door clearing the trees and getting ready to build the house. My kids have been fascinated by all the machinery.

Today a package came in the mail that I have been waiting for a while! I printed our blog into a book! Well, actually, I was only able to get the first three years that I was writing put into print. The book would’ve been over 900 pages, so I have to break it down into volumes. The children have enjoyed looking through it all afternoon. It’s not edited, and it is very, very far from perfect, but its a journal of our lives. The boys have been reminded of many memories while looking through the book. Emma is not in the book as the last entry in this volume is July 2013. Emma is anxiously waiting for volume two! (I’m not sure when the next book will happen as its not exactly cheap to get your blog turned into a book!) However, I do plan to try to get another volume printed someday. I’m very pleased with how it turned out.

What a blessing it was to go to prayer group tonight! Roger had most of the boys outside again, and I was able to read the Bible and pray with a small group of prayer. In a time in our lives where evil and fear seem to be running wild, it’s a balm to my soul to know that God is still in control. I don’t know about where you live, but it almost seems to be that if you aren’t fearful then you just must not care about people! Well, it’s not that at all! I very much love people of all ages, but I’m also not comfortable with swallowing everything I hear - hook, line and sinker! My confidence is not in mankind, but in Jesus Christ! If you do not have your confidence in Christ alone, I encourage you to settle that today.

Our governor extended our “state of emergency”. I’ll be honest, it makes me sad. I realize that I am not an expert. I mean, I don’t even have the news in my house! And I’m not exceptionally bright, but I hurt for all the small businesses of our state. We have had 66 deaths from the virus, and we have just over 500 active cases, and I am concerned about the actions of our governor. I wonder (and this is just my small little brain) if this is more of a tactic to get more government funding than concern for the people of our state. And you are certainly welcome to disagree with me...I just ask that you do that politely and pleasantly. I think I know of more relationships that have been ruined by this virus than have been killed or made sick from it! You can read more about the governor’s extension Here

I’m not going to give up praying with fervency and passion. I’m not going to quit doing the next right thing which is to be faithful to what God has called us to do today which is to walk after Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment