Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Monday, May 25, 2020

Day # Memorial Day and Golf Accidents!



This is a bike birm...from what the boys have told me! 

Emma found the dollar today! Quite by accident, but she found it! 
This is my next social experiment...how long will the toilet paper rolls sit on the counter? There is $1.00 under one of them. :) 



Golf club accidents 



Happy Memorial Day! It was an unusual Memorial Day in that we did not have a barbecue with friends or go anywhere to meet up with friends. However, it was a day in which we enjoyed listening to Patriotic Music and discussing what Memorial Day is really about. It is our duty as American parents to teach our children about our heritage. Freedom is not free! There are men and women who have sacrificed their very lives for the American Freedoms that you enjoy today. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, the right to bear arms- please do not take those freedoms lightly!

Something to think about!


Today’s weather was a bit overcast, but it did not rain. The boys spent most of the day outside building some type of bike project. I did go check on what they were doing once Chandler hauled out the power tools and the extension cord! They are building a bike birm...do you know what that even is!? I did not know what it was, but apparently it’s some type of ramp that you can put in the around a corner in the trail so that you do not have to slow down to turn. Oh, wow! That sounds really unsafe, but according to the boys, it’s very safe! Uh huh! Put on the bike helmets, boys! 

Travis and Emma had some excitement today also. Travis was giving Emma some golfing lessons out in the front yard. He can be very sweet to her, and they were out there having a grand time. I was working on cutting up some watermelon in the kitchen, when all of the sudden I hear screaming! Now if you’re a mom, you recognize different types of screaming, and this was one that told me that something was not right. I started towards the front door, just as Travis reached the porch steps. I could see blood falling from his face. He was yelling that “My eye is gone! My eye is gone!” Emma is right on his heels wailing about how she’s so sorry and it was an accident! (Over and over again!) I direct Travis to the kitchen to check on the blood flowing down his cheek, but I knew his eye was not “gone”. Emma had swung the golf club and Travis had not backed up far enough to avoid the swing! I managed to get a cold towel on his face to try to clear up the blood while four other faces looked on anxiously. Emma was still crying; Chandler was helping himself to the watermelon that was on the counter; Wyatt and Garett were right in our space trying to be helpful. There were a few moments of mad, chaotic confusion, but we survived it! Travis will have a nice black eye for a few days, but his eye is fine. The golf club actually caught him a bit more on his cheek than on his eye. I am thankful that it was Emma that was swinging the club, and not one of the older boys. It was a good reminder to all the kids on the importance of looking out for each other. I am thankful for the Lord’s continued protection on our children. Travis is back to himself this afternoon...riding bikes, blazing trails, and eating just fine! Travis also told Emma that he was done teaching her golf. “She’s a terrible golfer, mom!” Okay, I guess Emma and Travis will not be playing golf together for a while! 




In Maine we have 706 active cases of Coronavirus, with 59 hospitalizations. 


This is the part that is my opinion. You may keep reading or perhaps stopping here would be best. 

The economy is basically tanked in our state which is a direct result of our governor’s orders. Do I think Covid-19 is real? Absolutely! Do I think we should ruin the tourism industry/small businesses/ etc.  for the foreseeable future? No! I probably have a stronger opinion than many since my husband works for a small business. I think that Americans need to start researching facts and information for themselves. There are two sides to every story, and the longer that this pandemic stretches on, the more I think that the American people need to read, research and develop their own thinking. It’s amazing what potential is in our brain when we develop and use our own cognitive reasoning skills!  Freedom of speech is covered in our First Amendment. Doesn’t anyone else think it strange that most of mainstream media does not cover the President’s briefing every day? Or the fact that what he says is taken out of context and used against him? I’m not saying that our President has always made the right choices or said the right thing, but he is still the President of the United States of America! Whether you agree with his decisions or not, I surely hope that you pray for him every day. Would you want that job!? You might not think the way I think or agree with me, and that is totally fine. However, it is time to wake up Americans! We are losing our freedoms and liberties right and left in the name of “safety”! Do you really want to sacrifice so much? I do not! I would rather have my liberties and freedoms than the “safety” that is offered from an untested vaccine, massive restrictions, and the crippling of Americans dreams and livelihoods!  At some point in time, we need to protect those that are vulnerable, and the healthy and strong people need to get back to work. 

Regardless of all of the above paragraph, we can still be friends! I want to be your friend, and we can agree to disagree. The Bible tells us to “as much as liveth in you, live peaceably with all men”. So yes, my desire is to have peace with those around me. That does not mean that I do not have an opinion or should never express it. I do know that God loves you and He loves me. He created both of us, and we are both uniquely different. Tonight I rest in the faithfulness of our good, good Heavenly Father! 

No comments:

Post a Comment