Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, May 8, 2020

Thursday: Prayer & Friday: Blessings




I missed writing a blog post yesterday which was the first one in 51 days! It was for a good cause, but I was still sorry to miss as someday I might want to look back at these writings.

Thursday: Between three google meets and preschool lesson recordings, it was a full day. We had originally planned to attend the drive-in service at our church at noon for the National Day of Prayer, but by the time we wrapped up meets and schooling, it was just too late. While I was a bit bummed to miss that service, I also recognize that praying with my Heavenly Father is a gift to me that is offered at any time. I don’t ever remember a time in my life that I have prayed with the fervency that I have prayed over the last six weeks. And I want this state of mind of fervent, endless prayer to continue on long after all of Corona is gone.

Renee and I recorded a few lessons for our preschoolers, but I also treasure the time to sit and talk with her. We’ve discussed plans for the fall, our students, struggles and concerns, joys and victories, and sweet times of prayer every time we come together. I am blessed to get to serve alongside of her in our school. It is getting a bit easier to record the lessons, I think. But it’s a very draining experience as we are both very tired when we are done! We are thankful for the two lessons we were able to wrap up, and we will be back next week to record a few more, Lord willing!

Last night I had the opportunity to pray with a few ladies in person, and that is a treasured memory. I am blessed to call them my friends as well as my partners in prayer. One of the ladies made the statement last night that in the midst of all this that seems so crazy there is nothing that is happening that God does not allow. Sometimes it’s easy to get discouraged or feel disheartened by news, but truthfully God controls it all. It may seem that confusion, chaos and evil are winning, but we must never lose sight that God is on the throne. We are called to be faithful and to pray without ceasing. Stay the course....be faithful!

Free donut Friday!
Donuts and coffee are totally not essential, and I absolutely believe that....unless you are  the mama that completed a week of teaching and homeschooling...then donuts and coffee are essential! Garett had the rare opportunity to spend a little time out at the airport with Roger today. On the way to drop him off, I stopped to get a coffee for Roger and a free donut was being offered with purchase of a beverage! When we pulled up to the drive-thru (because you can’t go into the store anymore) the cashier lady told us that our beverages and donuts had been paid for by the lady ahead of us! Well, even sweeter! That was a special surprise and blessing today!

My sister, Hannah, called me this morning to see if we wanted to come up to her house for a cookout. A change of scenery? A drive on a beautiful day? Lunch? Oh, yes please! The kids and I had a lovely afternoon with a cookout, a nice walk, good conversations, and much needed time together.

Another blessing that happened today is that I got a text from a dear friend from our church. She was injuring about the next school year, and I told her that I am praying specifically that God will grow our school this next school year. Yes, it seems like a bizarre time for a small Christian school to grow, but that’s why I pray. God can and will answer our prayers. Anyways, she told me that she would pray with me and also that she wanted to help with some of the cost of next years registration. What a blessing! God continues to show that He is at work in and around us, and I’d encourage you to pray with us that our school will grow during this next school year.

Maine news: Another 44 cases. One additional death bringing the total number of deaths to 63. The number of active cases is 476. Other news Here. It also appears that retail businesses may begin to open on Monday, and restaurants in modified formats on May 18. There does not appear to be any news for churches though, and that is very disappointing. The matter concerning churches is also a matter of prayer.

Happy Friday!

Emma and Aunt Hannah

Not really surprised that he is driving the bike in the mud! 

Chandler continues to improve on the unicycle 


Thankful for the opportunity to pray and walk along this property yesterday afternoon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment