Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Day# Short and Sweet!

Psalm 63 is one of my favorite Psalms in the Bible. 


Another day of school is in the books! We have 18 school days left before we will be done for the year, and I am looking forward to that. Unfortunately, so many fun events and places to go have been erased from the summer in Maine. We will probably be spending a lot of time by the beach,  and enjoying any sunshine that comes our way!

Honestly, I don’t have much to report today. The children are all alive and well. We have food to eat and dishes to wash. I did laundry, didn’t you?

Emma and Garett both had google meets today with their classes. Garett struggles to pay attention and focus on class meets over the internet, but he sticks with it. He is the one that has his meet in the back room, and Emma sits at the kitchen table. She is still easily distracted, but I think she focuses a little better than Garett sometimes. Emma presented her academic fair information today in her class. She was a bit nervous about telling about monkeys (her topic) while in the class meet, but she did very well. It’s much harder to communicate over the google meets, but she is glad to have it done...so is mom!

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, and I think for one of the first times ever, we gave e-gift cards to the kids teachers. Normally, I would make a home-made meal or dessert (cooking is my love language, remember?). We’ve done baskets for the teachers before with speciality soaps or treats, and a hand written note. But due to Covid -19, we decided to just go with gift cards for our children’s teachers. The children all miss their teachers very much (and so does mom!), but we are praying fervently for next fall! God can bring about growth in the most unusual of circumstances and that is what I am praying for this next school year.



Maine news: I’m not even going to write it out...you can read about it Here. It is my own personal opinion that I wish that we could find more positive news to highlight rather than all the negativity. I feel for many, many small businesses that are either going to go under (already the list is long) or will have a hard time overcoming this. My husband works for a small business, so on behalf of his work, I’d appreciate your prayers.

Here’s the good news: regardless of what the media portrays or what we hear or read, God is still on the Throne. I can rest in the confidence that we serve a Mighty God, A Holy God, A Righteous God, and One Who is filled with mercy and compassion. In our Bible readings from school, we are reading about the plan of salvation. Sometimes it’s easy to gloss over it, perhaps because of how often we’ve heard it. But the truth of the matter, is that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is still the greatest news ever! If you do not know Jesus as your personal Savior, I’d challenge you to settle that today. (Romans 6:23; Romans 3:23; John 3:16; I John 1:9; Romans 10:13)


Wyatt can make a delicious omelette!

No comments:

Post a Comment