Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Day #Sweet Prayer

Sweet time of prayer


Quarantine Miles

One school work page at a time!

Not a hoarder....just a big family! 



“Worthy of Worship, Worthy of Praise” the words from this hymn have been rattling around in my head all day. We are so very blessed to serve our AMAZING GOD! Regardless of news, politics, and the blah, blah, blah that surrounds us every day, we have so much to be thankful for in our lives.


I was in the line at Wal-mart before seven am this morning. I had put it off for a while, but now I just needed to go and get it done! It was totally weird to have to wait to go into Walmart. Thankfully, I was in the first bunch of people to get in the store, but it’s still weird. Thankfully, I was able to get toilet paper (yay!) and some meat. We don’t hoard groceries around here -they just get eaten quickly! I was able to get a bag of flour for my friend, Allison. At seven am in the morning, there was only three bags of flour left! Nevertheless, I am thankful that there are groceries to buy and that we have money to pay for the groceries. God is so good.
Not quite how I feel - but close! 


We also had google meets, school, and lots of outdoor time today! The weather was beautiful and the boys and Emma spent several hours outside. I had a meeting at church today to discuss some plans for the summer. It was so lovely to meet in person, and to have face-to-face conversation. The boys and Emma spent the afternoon out on the school playground and tromping down to the beach behind the church. And wow! They came back so dirty from all the clay mud they had found on the beach. I would’ve take a picture, but I was a little annoyed because they were SO dirty! I had planned to stay at church until our small (very small) church prayer time, but we ended up coming home so that everyone could get on clean clothes!

Our pastor has come up with a plan to have small (very small-less than 10 people) prayer groups. It was a wonderful, truly delightful time to spend praying together. Roger had to work today, but he made it to the prayer group on time. Now our family alone is already seven in a group, and ten are allowed! We have a lot of space in our church building and on the property and three groups were created. 24 people came out to pray. Roger led a group of boys outside around the fire pit in prayer and reading of God’s Word. Emma and I were in a different group, and my kids were delighted to see some faces that they haven’t seen in a while (so was I!). As we approach the National Day of Prayer tomorrow, it was especially nice to spend some time in God’s Word and prayer as we prepare for that. We serve a great and mighty God!

Maine news: One more death, and 28 more cases. An additional 25 people have recovered. The governor is considering some alternative plans to her original plan released last week. You can read additional details here. Know what? God is still in control.




No comments:

Post a Comment