Our family

Our family
Robertson Family

Friday, May 22, 2020

Day of Summer!






Lots of activity 


Day of summer! Today’s temperature felt practically summer-like! The high was about 81 degrees, and it was beautiful out! We spent most of the day outside, and it was lovely. We will have some school work to do tomorrow, but there was no way that I would want to miss out on the beautiful weather today. The temperature is supposed to drop back down tomorrow, so we will have time to do the school work that was missed.

I have been walking and praying this week. Since the weather has been so beautiful every morning, I’ve been using my headphones so that I can walk and pray. I’ve managed to sneak in almost three miles every morning during my walk/talk/prayer time. This morning it was so beautiful that after I finished walking and praying, I decided to take the kids on a walk down by the beach. The ocean is always a beautiful place to be, and our children really enjoy climbing on rocks, tromping through mud, and gathering up shells and sea glass. By the time it was 10:30am, we had walked on the beach, done a few errands, and were home again. Chandler’s skin continues to tan, and now I have trouble knowing if he’s dirty or just sun-kissed skin! Travis generally turns red first, so he’s easier to tell that it’s dirt! Of course, he’s also the child that does not like to take a bath or a shower, and he’s been known to run the shower water and just get his arms and hair wet- so gross! When your child returns from taking a “shower” and smells distinctly like a “wet dog” there is a problem.

Our governor released the guidelines for church services today, and while they offer some clarity, the guidelines are disheartening in my opinion. Of course, many of the guidelines are “recommendations” but  there should be a measure of concern in the heart of Americans if our governing leaders are allowed to issue “worship” guidelines. I’m not opposed to keeping things cleaner, being cautious, etc. All of those are good things, but I am concerned about the recommendations about wearing face coverings, no SINGING (but humming is aloud) and various other guidelines. Am I excited about going back to church? Yes! But there has been an abuse of power among many of our governors, and YOU and I should both be concerned about that! Am I fearful? No, because nothing happens without God’s permission. However, that does not mean that I will just do nothing. I will write letters to those in leadership. I will pray fervently. I will storm the gates of Heaven with my requests for revival among our land, and I will do my part to try to protect our children from growing up in an America that has been stripped of its freedoms. This is Memorial Day weekend...the weekend that we honor those who died for our freedoms! Wake up, Americans!

Well, if you followed me through that rabbit trail- congratulations! In other Maine news, the number of cases of Coronavirus continues to increase. President Trump Here issued a speech directing governors to allow churches to open for worship. People in Maine continue to recover from the Coronavirus, and we have had 73 deaths from Coronavirus in our state. We have had 1,948 cases in our state, and we have seen significant increases in the number of cases in the past seven days. We we have 681 active or probable cases in our state. May I suggest that this has largely to do with the fact that  testing has been TRIPLED in our state? Maine news


What’s happening in your state/area?

I’m resting in the fact that God is faithful and true. I am so thankful that the promises of His Word are unchanging. Rest in Jesus!





No comments:

Post a Comment